Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tomatoes, B-days, Fairs and such...

So last week Ben comes walking in from the back yard with an arm full of tomatoes. I've loved having a garden and taking care of it and watering it, etc etc... But I haven't been so good at the harvesting part. (I know, the whole point of a garden, right?) So apparently our tomato plant has produced hundreds of juicy delicious red tomato's, and I hadn't even noticed. To give myself some credit, from the front of the plant all you see is a green bush. The tomatoes for some reason are all showing from the back of the plant. Anyway, I was excited, I didn't realize that one little plant could produce so many tomatoes. I seriously had grocery bags full of them! I'm not a big tomato lover, but my family and friends (whom I gave the tomatoes away to) all said they were delicious.
So the weather has been yo-yoing around here from pretty cold fall-type weather to beautiful summer weather all over again. Our pool had closed for the summer, but then the weather got so good again, they opened it up for another week. We took advantage and had a little b-day party for Tuckers friend, Carly. I can't believe that she is already 2! That means that Tucker will soon be 2 as well! And that CAN NOT be right!
I made her the cutest little bug cakes. It is a cakelet pan from William-Sonoma that I got last year that I have been dying to use. They turned out so cute, and it wasn't even that hard! I also have a train one that I will use for Tuckers b-day in November.



They could have turned out even cuter with more time and the right tools. :) It was a big hit with the kids, so I must have done something right! :)

We also went to the Spokane County fair, which is always fun! :) Tucker got to ride a llama.

He always wants to go on the rides, but then his face looks like this the whole time, so I'm sure he's NOT enjoying it. But then he wants to go again and again and again. Its really funny! This one was going up and down and pretty fast.

He liked the cars that just went around and around.

Nathan and Ben went on the big kid rides and Tucker thought it was so cool when they would 'fly' by us.

And here is a picture of all of us 'fishing'!

Tucker has been wanting to take his naps on 'Dada's bed' lately. It hasn't worked out too well and I usually have to con him into sleeping in his own bed somehow. Although this morning we went to the library and on the way home he kept on saying nigh-night and that he wanted a bottle, so when we got home I made him one and went to put him down and he wanted to go straight to his crib. He didn't even want to rock and sing with me, which we usually do for a few minutes before he goes down. He's getting to be such a big and independent boy. Wheres my little baby? We got him a twin mattress that is down in our basement right now, for his 'big-boy' bed, and I'm thinking he might be ready for it soon. We'll see!

I've been so used to using an SLR camera lately that going back to my point and shoot camera is a little strange. I took this one and forgot that the point and shoots take so long to actually snap-so I moved the camera before it even took. oops! I still thought it was cute of him.

I was loading my car to go somewhere the other day and he just hopped right in the driver seat like he knew exactly what he was doing! The little stinker just wants to be a big boy so bad!

PS... Ben and I just got back from Seattle for the weekend for our 5 year anniversary and saw 'Phantom of the Opera.' It was amazing! I will be posting about that next! :) I just had to catch up.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, I wish we had been there to go to the fair with you guys! Mom and Dad and Tuck cam eup to our little city celebration, but it was very much smaller and unexciting that I had hoped. It's too bad Tuck's birthday is so much further away from Thanksgiving this year, I'm not sure if we'll make it up for one or the other yet.

Rosie Moncrief said...

wow! i was not only impressed by the tomatos but the cute bug cakes!! how neat are those??!! i want some!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Why do you get to do fun stuff all the time!! I love the little cakes!! My mom called and gave me guilt trip for posting your model pix. So I will say I'm sorry. Even though you deserved it!

Rosie Moncrief said...

BTW, I entered the ANTM contest to meet the winner of this cycle! The winner gets to bring a friend!! I totally pick you because you're the only person I know who watches the show!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Just let this be a reminder the next time you decide to post lame pictures of me! You know I love you!

Madsen Family said...

Okay, I have so much to say I don't even know where to begin. First, those tomatoes look dreamy: what kind did you plant? We got a TON from our 6 plants but they all ripened when I was in Spokane so I didn't get to do too much with them, though I just made yummy salsa...but I have no chips. I'll get some, don't you fret. Secondly, CUTE bug cakes. Who knew you could be such a culinary genius? Thirdly, love the fair--I always got sick at the fair--but still love it. Fourth, what's an SLR camera and TELL ME WHAT KIND OF CAMERA SHOULD I BUY if I want to spend around $200-250?? Fifth, I LOVE that Toni is the sweetest lady and gave Cookie a hard time for posting those pics. How Toni is that? Sixth, I love that Tucker loves "Baby Wheeehl" so much that he even thinks Will looks like himself:) And finally, I think, I can't believe it's been 5 years! Happy Anniversary! Whew..that's all. Aren't you glad you have a friend like me so that I can just talk and talk and talk on your blog???

Anonymous said...

WTG Betty Crocker. Those treats looks so yummy! I love that the Summer is sticking sround a little longer. My tomatoes need to turn more red. Yours look great!!

:) Tiff

Christy Ivory said...

Hey girl!!!

What kind of tomato's did you buy? They are totally beautiful!!!
Wow...... It looks like you have been having a lot of fun this summer. Totally cute cakes...
Talk to you soon. Let me know if you want any of my pictures. I will email them to you.
Christy

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I love that fishing picture. We did that too when we went to the fair. I thought it was so funny! Did you just love how expensive everything was. I can't believe Tucker is almost 2 because that means Marcus is too. They grow up way to fast!