Monday, November 3, 2008

The curse of the big head...

Tucker is a big boy... we all know that. He was born big and has pretty much always been in the 75-95% for height and weight AND head circumference. (He is, however beginning to thin out and is definitely more in the 'normal' size range of what a 2 year old should be.)


You can imagine my disappointment when, as a new mother, was so excited on Christmas day to put him in his brand new Christmas hat only to find that it wouldn't fit over his huge noggin'. I thought for sure a size 0-3 month hat would fit my one months old head. Not so. Placing it on the top of his head had to do for the picture. (He had also already spit up all over his cute Christmas outfit by the time this picture was taken. Therefore, PJ's were his outfit for the majority of Christmas day. But that's ok, because that's what I wore for most of Christmas day as well, so it was all good!)


Jump ahead to Halloween 2008. I find a cute little spider costume. Size 2T. Perfect for my 2 year old toddler! Not so. Once again, the curse of the big head works her magic and we have a headless spider for Halloween.


This is about all we could do to get it to stay balanced for a picture even. I don't think he would have worn the hat anyway, so it turned out all good! :)

But we love that big ol' noggin'!

9 comments:

Shayla said...

Seriously, so funny! Love this post. Glad you guys had a fun Halloween...
to answer the question you left, yes & no... we're not getting into a house, just renting a condo, but we're excited & it's nice... so yay!
Hope you guys are great!!!

Kym said...

Stumbled across your blog and had to laugh out loud because we've lived with "the curse of the big head" at our house for 16 years now! I have 5 off the charts, big headed children, but I love em...and we just buy boring, "uncute" adult hats. Anyway, thanks for the laugh!

Madsen Family said...

Terry...that's what you get when you buy your son a SPIDER costume (I hate spiders. They sincerely frighten me). I love that big ol' noggin, too and daily wish I could just give that Tuck a big squeeze!

Rosie Moncrief said...

I still think he's the cutest spider ever!

Kelli said...

Yes, I recall that "my first christmas" hat that didn't even come close to fitting no matter how hard we tried to stretch it. I should have guessed that's why he was a headless spider!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love his big head!! I love everything about that chubby boy!

Anonymous said...

I think China make clothes too small for our kids. William's costume was size 2T-3T and it was too small. Weird, because he is tiny.

Tucker is just perfect. It's the clothing designer that isn't.

Darci said...

Hilarious! My kids have big heads too. So cute, but not hat friendly some times.

Morgan Territory said...

I'm glad Morgan's not the only one! She always been in the 95th percentile for her head size. Right now she's wearing a hat labeled 2T/4T and she's 11 months today!

Meg