Thursday, November 6, 2008

Time Flies...

I'm a little behind on my blogging and have been meaning to catch up...Believe it or not, we have been up to more than just Halloween festivities these past few weeks. And since I use blogging as my excuse for not scrap booking or journal writing, I just want to add this post before I forget it! :) I don't know why I always feel like I'm so busy...I only have one child, I can't even imagine how it will be when we have more!!! Anyway... The first major news about these past few weeks is:
We are now a Ba-Ba free home!!!
YEAH! I stopped giving him bottles at around a year, and just went down to one at nap time and one at bed time. I would just put water in them, so I figured it was ok, and that slowly I would wean him of them completely. It wasn't happening. Every time I tried he wouldn't sleep and it was this big ordeal, so I would just cave and give him his ba-ba. Through out the year I've also been switching it up with sippy cups. Well, at the beginning of October, I finally had enough. I was sick of those dang ba-ba's. He's always been the kind of kid whose been ok with things, as long as he doesn't feel like I'm trying to pull a fast one on him. Like, if I talk to him and let him be a part of things, he'll do anything. So, one day I told him that the ba-ba's are going bye-bye! That he was a big boy and that he could help me throw them away and he was so excited about being a big-boy that he chucked them all in himself! I also did that so that if he ever asked for one, I could say, 'remember, we threw them in the garbage because you're a big-boy!' Anyway, it was quite a big moment for our big-boy! And he hasn't even thought about them since! I don't know why I waited this long! Although he seemed to finally be ready and that was A-OK with me!



Tuckers friend, Carter also had his 2nd birthday party! I can't believe that these kids are already turning 2!!! It was at Jump and bounce and of course, they had a blast! Tucker is still a little hesitant to go down the big slides by himself, but he has a great time in the toddler area. Here's the birthday boy. (I tried to get a picture of all three of them. They were so cute together. But of course, by the time I got my camera, it looked more like this:)

Happy Birthday Carter! And thanks Sharlene!


Tucker has always been such a daddy's boy. He loves his da-da! We took him to his first movie in the theatre for FHE one night. (the Garland Theatre was playing Wall-E) We stopped by Ben's work to pick him up for the movie and Tucker had to ride on the 'back-hoe' they have at Ben's work. Anything that is tractor like or back-hoe like, he calls a 'back-hoe'. Like father, like son. These two boys, I tell you what...

Here we are at the Theatre. (before the movie began) Tucker actually did pretty good. I had a good sized bag of Halloween candy and drinks and popcorn to keep him occupied. He keeps on talking about the robot movie that he went to with da-da. (even though I was there too!) :)
He also loves 'helping' daddy with whatever he's doing. We had something wrong with the vents in our house, so Ben had to take them off and do something, who knows. Tucker was right there with him the whole time. He loves feeling like a big boy!

They also went and played in the leaves at our friends house one Saturday afternoon. (It was mommy's time to get things done sans Tucker, so I wasn't there.) I tried to convince Ben to take the camera, but he wouldn't. We both knew he wouldn't actually take any pictures, so whats the point, right? I did get this picture of them before they left:


By they way, if you are loving Tuckers hat, it was hand knit just for him by my good friend, Sadie! There's a link to her etsy store 'So What Baby Butt..." on my sidebar. Or you can click here Thanks Sadie!

Just some other random pictures from the past few weeks....
Have I told you how much Tucker loves bath time??? Well, he does! And he is a messy boy, so he usually always is in need of one! :)

His favorite part of his brand new markers? Playing with the lids...
Tucker is getting to such a fun stage. He's also been growing into a new schedule, you know how they do that every now and then. At night time (without his ba-ba) I usually just read him a book and then we sing for a while, well, now instead of me singing to him, the other night he just said to me, 'babee buga and rub my back'. He wanted me to put him in his crib and rub his back and sing baby beluga to him. So for the past few weeks thats what we've been doing and he loves it. He goes right to bed. The only problem with it is that I don't really know the tune to 'baby beluga' I know the words because we have the book, but I'm not familiar with the song. Oh well, he seems to like it! :)
I also love it when he tries to formulate sentences, and I am always amazed at how much he really does know! We watched CNN all night on Tuesday night and then most of the day on Wednesday. On Wednesday night he just popped up and said 'O-o-o-Bama!' (he had probably been hearing it all day on TV) and I said, he's going to be our new President and then he said, 'Pes-dent Bama' and then they were showing a clip of some people cheering from the night before after they had found out he won. And Tucker (all the while playing with his cars) doesn't even look up at me or anything, but says, ' Happy Bir-day Partee Bama' It was really funny!
I have also been really amazed at his imagination lately. The other day I was changing his diaper in his room and he covered his eyes and said, 'A witch com-in' and I said, 'oh no, what are you going to do?' and he said, 'no no no witch, she nice witch.'
And then just today we were going to play group at the church and Tucker always calls it 'playing with kids' whenever we go and play with our friends. And he just started screaming and laughing and I asked him what he was laughing at and he said he's 'goin' to play with kids in the tree-house.' I didn't even know he knew what a tree house was, but apparently he does. Ok, just one more so I don't forget it:
The other day he was eating dinner and a piece of cheese fell on the ground, well I picked it back up and put it on his plate and he just looked at me and said, 'Dats Gross!' :) I was dying! I am always amazed at the things he picks up on and says and does! Can he just stay like this forever, please??? :)

9 comments:

Destenee said...

It is so great the you are writing all this stuff down, because you think you will always remember but it is amazing how fast you forget. Especially after you have more kids you start to meld them togeather and can't remember who did what! Tucker is so adorable I love reading your blog!

Kelli said...

Congrats on getting rid of those bottles!! It's about time! We're working on it (for the second time) right now as well, but Keyton wouldn't get the garbage thing, so they have just miraculously disappeared...

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Tucker is such a great kid. You can see his big heart shine through his eyes and his sweet smile. You and Ben are awesome parents. I love reading about the fun things you guys do as a family. Good job on the bottles.

Madsen Family said...

What!? You don't know the tune to Baby Beluga? For some strange reason, we learned that song in Kindergarten, but I don't remember the words. The tune, however, I do. So, if you want, you can call me and I'll it to you:) Cute, cute, cute Tucker. I am glad that as you document everything he's been up to, we all get to partake of the joy that is TUCKER! Love it, love him, love you.

Holly said...

Okay, I chuckled all through that post. First off-you're such a good mom with the bottle thing! Way to talk it out with him and he looked so proud of himself in those pictures. So cute.
How fun he got to experience his first movie in a theater! You'll have to buy Wall-E now because that movie will always take you back to that moment. Ours was Curious George and I still remember Isaac's excitment as we got popcorn and found seats-the whole movie experience.
Baby Beluga is such a cute song. I have it on a cute children's CD. I'll burn it for Tucker because it's just a fun CD and because...well, he's just a cutie. email me your address: hmshak@yahoo.com
Now I need to update my blog. I'm so behind that the task just seems daunting.

Emily Carl said...

i love the pictures! You are a pretty darn cute family! I am looking forward to Tucker and I's Birthday!!!

Darci said...

That was a great post and journal entry. Tucker is a smart little guy. Baby Beluga sounds like a fun song. You'll have to post the audio & lyrics if you find it online.

Rosie Moncrief said...

You know what's weird? I don't even have kids and I know the words to Baby Beluga, I could sing it right now!!! In fact I know most kids songs. I really need to get a life... or kid! haha! Tucker is so cute and I can't wait to see him again. When are you coming to visit? I'll come visit after Febuary when Sundance is over.

Heather Wiberg said...

Hey Taraka! I love your blog you have to teach me how to be as cute as you! Tucker is my favorite boyfriend. I love taking my kids to the movies you have so much to look forward to :)!