Thursday, November 20, 2008

Guess who got haircuts today...

What is better than going to the salon to get your hair cut, be pampered and beautified???
Having your hair stylist come to your house to do it!!! Thanks to Jenna, I was able to do just that! Stay at home in my pj's and not have to worry about getting someone to watch Tucker... it was great! You see, she just recently quit her job at the salon she was working at, to go back to school, which means that she now comes to your home to cut hair! I love it! She's fabulous, totally affordable, the sweetest thing in the world; so if you're in Spokane and need to get your hair cut, let me know and I'll give you her number!

We had a little photo shoot! :)
I won't tarnish Jenna's reputation by claiming it was her who cut Tuckers hair. It was I! I was motivated by my own hair cut to do something about that shag that was beginning to grow on Tuckers head. I whipped out the clippers (which I have very little experience with) and just went to town. My first shave of the clippers I decided to do right down the middle front of his hair! Brilliant, right? It was then that I realized that it was a lot shorter than I had expected, but the damage was already done and I couldn't do anything about it! It was at about this point:
where I started getting a little nervous.
I miss his long locks, although it didn't turn out AS bad as I thought it was going to! :)

13 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

Can I just say that I love reading your posts about Tucker, he is so fun. He makes me so excited to be having a boy.

Darci said...

How convenient to get pampered at home! You look beautiful. Tucker's hair survived your first cut quite well. Clippers are a wonderful tool for little boy's hair cuts.

Rosie Moncrief said...

You guys are looking HOT!!!! I guess I'll have come to Spokane to get my hair cut! How does presidents day weekend in February sound??!!

Madsen Family said...

LOVE the haircuts! I am going to get mine cut today, in fact. I wish I could go to Jenna again, though. However, it would be quite the trek (not to mention expensive) to go to Spokane just for a haircut:) Tucker's cut is darling. I'm impressed. I just told Josh today that we are cutting Will's hair b/c it DRIVES ME NUTS when it grows over the ears and the back of his collars, etc. I just don't know how we'll keep him still...Luckily, Josh is a master hair cutter (he's been styling his own hair his whole life and he even used to cut Tanner's hair when we all lived in Utah). Anyway, I'm coming home in January--so excited! Hopefully you'll be there! And we're going to Chi-town next week for Thanksgiving, so don't be jealous:)

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Love the haircuts! I like to cut the boys hair all the time. It gets easier the more you do it. However, I will admitt that sometimes, even after doing it for as long as I have, you say whoops! Thank goodness hair grows right. Anyways, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Holly said...

haha! I do that to Isaac all the time. It's been four years of cutting his hair and I STILL bosh it up nine times out of ten. Cutting boys' hair is definitely not my talent. Good luck!

Sadie Agurkis said...

He looks so cute! I love his Birthday haricut!

Sadie Agurkis said...

I love Tuck's cute new B-day haircut!

xoxo love you~!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Taraka! Love Tucker's haircut. It looks better than the ones I do for my boys.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

You both look great. I need to find someone who makes house calls. No fair.

Sharlene Enloe said...

I didn't notice that Tucker's hair looked bad the last 2 times I saw him, so you must have done a good job. It was great hanging out with you this weekend. Guess I will be calling Jenna at home now for my next haircut.

Christy Ivory said...

Hey Tarika,
Tucker looks so much older with his new hair cut. I just couldn't put my finger on why he looked so much older. That's it... How cute.
Talk to you soon,
Christy

Maria said...

Isn't Jenna fantastic?!