Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Leaves, Vampires, Chuck E Cheese and my husband, the Logger...

First of all, have I told you my husband is a logger??? Him and his friend Jason went up to the mountains last weekend for the day and cut down trees for firewood this winter. I feel kind of like a pioneer!(Even though I didn't do anything) :) They seriously cut down the trees themselves and chopped them up and brought them home. He worked hard from 6am-6pm. I was impressed. I have been trying my hand at being a mountain woman myself and have been chopping the kindling. I'm pretty proud of my logger husband! :)
There is nothing like warming our home with the blaze of a nice fire!

We have been loving it! (We have also been loving not having to use our oil supply since the fireplace is a little bit less expensive to run!) :)


Since I'm on the subject of how wonderful my husband is, he also installed this new fence for me (OK, us). :) He has only done the front of the house, where our wooden fence was practically falling over. The plan is to do the two sides next summer. Little by little we will get our new fence up! :) He surprised me with this Pickett top fence in the front. (which is my favorite and I love! ) I have such a great husband!!! Thanks Ben!

I also went to a Twilight book party! My friend Christy put it on and she did a fabulous job. I have read the twilight books, and have to tell you that I'm not the biggest fan. Let me take that back, I liked the books. I thought it was a fun read. I really liked the first book, after that they didn't really do much for me. And the fourth book, I hated. Well, let me take that back. I didn't hate the fourth book, I liked the story of her not knowing what was inside of her, etc... I H-A-T-E-D the ending! I do like to do all the fun things that have to do with the books though. Because so many of my friends are so into them, I think they're fun! So anyway.... back to the party! It was awesome. EVERYTHING was twilight. Christy changed out all of the picture frames in her house to Twilight photos, the cake was twilight, people were dressed like vampires (for the most part). We watched MJ's music video thriller (for the ware wolf effect), she had the twilight soundtrack. EVERYTHING was thought out and it was such a fun party! Thanks Christy!


My brother and sister-in-law and nephew came in town so we had a little early b-day party with our family for Tucker. (his b-day is the 24th of November) We went to Chuck-E-Cheese and they had so much fun. Since my mother went overboard with the picture taking (like she usually does) I put the Chuck-E-Cheese pictures into a collage. Tucker has a gazillion different faces and is so much fun to watch. He is so animated! I tried to get most of them into the collage. He mainly just had fun playing with his G&G and aunts and uncles and cousin!

And how could I not put in pictures of us playing in the fall leaves. We have no trees in our yard, so we don't have to worry about the fall foliage. (thank goodness!) :) I think its beautiful but its not always my favorite to clean up! In my parents yard, on the other hand, the leaves are like 3 feet deep. We went up to my parents house and helped my mom blow the leaves. We also had a lot of fun playing in them!


I took the leaf blower and chased Tucker with it. I'm not sure he liked it too much! :)

Lately, when he gets scared of something, or he's afraid he's in trouble, he covers his eyes like this. I'm not sure where he got this, since I NEVER do this! :) (read: I always do this when I'm scared!) It's just really funny to see that he's picked up on it!

Tuckers friend, Owen came over to play the other day. And that's really what we've been up to lately. Just hanging out at home, playing with our friends, and sitting in front of that fire as much as we can! Its been pretty dark and rainy and cold up here lately. Can it already be summertime again, please?

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow, sounds like you guys are having a little too much fun! I love it. I didn't like the ending to the 4th book either of Twlight. I think she's a good story teller, but she seriously needs to get a new editor because there were so many mistakes, and the 4th had a ton of good starts, and she didn't run with any of the. Such a bummer! Oh well, it was a fun read. Miss you, you're little guy is so cute with those cheeks of yours and all. What a sweet hubby, putting your fence up. Sounds like you picked a good one! :)

Rosie Moncrief said...

I have to agree with you on the Twilight books. I love the first one and only parts of the other 3! And yes, I already bought my ticket to the movie, hahha! Tuckers leaf pictures are so cute!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

If it makes you feel better about not loving the rest of the series, I'm pretty much the only one in the world who loves Jacob more than Edward. Tell Ben he did a great job on the fence. If hes really lucky maybe I'll come see it in person someday.

Steph said...

Hi Taraka! I have about as much trouble getting a hold of my husband as you do! Ryan has practice at 7, so, we could go to dinner if we went at 5---if you guys are for sure going at 6, that's no big deal. Email me at stephanieellersick@gmail.com and I'll check it at work.

MilaBonita said...

Hey sis! you take so many pics of tucker you're so good! That party looked so fun and cute, we do need to get together. Gretchen is so good at getting me out of my house, she's like my life's activities coordinator. I hope to see you soon. :) you're boy is getting so big and adorable, they need to knock it off with the growing up bit though, huh, I've had enough!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the wood cutting. Wow, you've got one amazing man!
The fence looks great, too!

It was fun at Christi's party. She's so cute:)

We went to Chuck E. Cheese for Kat's soccer party. That place is addicting for Dave. It was funny to see the kid in him.

It'll be nice to have a Chuck E. Cheese in the valley.

Micah & Mishawn said...

Hi Taraka! Sorry I just keep bugging you. I just emailed you about doing pictures on Tues. the 24, but I ment Tues. the 25th. sorry. Let me know if thats okay. Thanks!

Darci said...

Busy, busy! Ben is sure a hard worker. A new fence, fresh cut wood - wow! Your Twilight comments are great. I'm kind of so-so about it, but of course will go see the movie next weekend. Even though I'm not impressed with their Edward selection I must say.

Madsen Family said...

Teri-yaki-sauce, My, my with a caption like that, how can I help but not be intrigued? I love Tucker in the leaves (and that's a lot of leaves at your parents' house); I, too, thought the last book of Twilight was quite possibly the worst thing I ever read (though the third book in the series is my favorite--I am a Jacob fan); I'm glad Tucker had a good time at Chuck E. Cheese AND finally, I am very impressed with Ben's logging ability. I didn't know you had a wood-burning stove. Those are so cozy and fun! Anyhew, can't wait to see what your next update will bring!

Sharlene Enloe said...

Awesome that you have a mountain man for a husband. I'm so jealous about your twilight party. I wish one of my friends would have a fun twilight party. Are you going to go at midnight on Thursday? I love tucker's faces in all the chuckecheese pics. Sooo cute!

Christy Ivory said...

Hey girl!!!
Love the post....It was such a great time wasn't it? Thanks for coming. What a great memory.