Sunday, November 30, 2008

On having a two year old...

Can Tucker really be two years old? And is there a kid alive who likes and wants treats more than him? Can one child get any more satisfaction from one cookie than this little man??? And can one child be ANY more cute?

(His faces are all Ben, and boy does he have a TON of them! But I like to think that he got his smarts from me! ) :)
So, I have a two year old. Its a little crazy. I have some things to catch up on in the blogging world, but I will start with the fact that my child has been on this earth for two whole years now!!! I can't believe it! I feel like I really did just bring him home from the hospital all swaddled tightly (that was the last time that ever happened to him) with his big cheeks poking out (which he still has-luckily). We have loved every minute of having him in our home and in our lives. (OK, not every minute, like the time that he puked all over his crib in the middle of the night and I had to bathe him, change him, change the sheets, bathe myself, all the while running on 1.5 hours of sleep...but other than that, its been pretty close!) :) Anyway... Tucker is sweet and smart and so so so cute. He is hilarious and makes me laugh every day. I have loved being able to learn with him all the new and exciting things this world has to offer. We as old folks tend to forget the magic and excitement that is ours to enjoy daily while living on this earth! He has been our constant reminder to cherish every minute of our time together. (Why is that so hard to remember sometimes?) Anyway...he truly makes me always want to always be the best. And I have to be, he picks up on stuff so fast, I always have to be careful about what I say and do. And although he is getting to a stage where he wants to do everything on his own and be independent and is kind of a stinker sometimes, we just absolutely adore him and are SOOO thankful for him. He just talks and talks and talks to me all day says the funniest things! Here are some of his most recent Tuckerisms...
The other day Ben and I were laying on the floor in our living room on this big huge fluffy pillow my mom made us, just watching TV and Tucker was just playing around. Tucker comes over in between us, puts one hand on me and one hand on Ben and like leaned on us, and said, 'Hi friends!'. It was really funny.
He is always saying 'Hi guys' and 'Hi friends' and 'bye guys' and everyone is his friend. He is not shy at all and loves to involved in everything and everyone. Ben and I can not talk to each other in the car, he will say our names over and over and over until he is a part of our conversation. He will come up to me when I'm talking to one of my friends or something, and say 'mama, I want to talk' or, 'I want to talk with you' or, 'Tuckers turn to talk?'
Also...I don't know if this is normal or not for a boy Tuckers age, but he likes boobies. (and I'm always thinking to myself, 'wow, it starts this young, huh?') I didn't even breast feed him, so I'm not sure exactly where it comes from. It may have started because when he does say the word boobies, I usually tell him not to say it or not to talk like that so it like intrigues him to just say it even more. Anyway...I was changing my clothes to go to the gym the other day. I was in the bathroom putting on deodorant in my purple sports bra and Tucker comes around the corner and into the bathroom like to tell me something. He looked up and stopped dead in his tracks. He was just staring at me and said, really enthusiastically, 'COOL!' and so I asked him what was cool, and he said, 'Cool Boobies Mama!' It was hilarious!
Anyway, Happy Birthday Tucker!
We love you and are so grateful for you! You are so sweet and loving and are the best share-er, and such a good little singer and so happy and fun, and you make mommy and daddy very proud!
We also had an awesome birthday party for him, but I'm trying to pace myself here...so that will come soon-and with pictures! :) I also have to post about Thanksgiving and the weekend we were adopted by the Enloe family! :) Oh, and the awesome photo shoot I did the other day, and....

9 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

Happy Birthday Tucker!!! I agree, he definitely gets his "smarts" from you!! Can't wait to hear all about that cool photo shoot. BTW, what did you think about Top Model? I'm glad Mckey won. I couldn't stand Sam.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Happ y birthday Tucker!!! Oh I am sure he gets all of his smarts from you!!! That is sooo funny. Carol's little Mason is a boob man too. He would always ask "are those your boobs?" The best was when he walked in on me pumping, he gave me a weird look and asked "what are your boobs doing?!" Got to love kids and the things they say.

Madsen Family said...

Well, Tucker HAPPY DAY! I'm glad you made it two years, what with your crazy parents and all (ha, ha!). And can you blame Tucker for being obsessed with your boobs? I mean really? I've seen 'em and I think they're pretty great (ha, ha, ha--remember Kristi's cabin when you accidentally flashed us??) Oh, the good times! Can't wait to see more of your b-day adventures!

Ken, Kendra, & Kyson Nhep said...

How fun! I am a new mom myself! This is Kendra Jaten (Nhep now)... I found your blog off of Kellie Hahns... how are you? It's been a LONG time!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

When did our little boys grow so big? Happy birthday Tucker! He is so cute. Not sure about the boob thing......it's funny though!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I can't wait for you to come see us!!! I also can't wait to here about your thanksgiving.

JAMIE said...

you feel so old when your baby is growing up. I hate that. Love your blog as usual. I have you in reader, so i hardly ever comment. Just wanted you to know I enjoy reading. and ps, I tagged you

Kiley said...

Time goes SO fast! I remember running into you when you in Target when you were pregnant - I think you were doing a baby registry :). He is such a doll! I love reading his little 'tuckerisms' - don't the things they say just make the day better ;). Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Darci said...

You are hilarious. I love how you capture the moments so well in your writing. Happy Birthday Tucker!