Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ben in Hawaii...

Now, I know that this is the post you've all been waiting for--Ben's pictures from Hawaii. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he is not a picture taker, nor does he enjoy getting his picture taken. (which is really funny, because he is the one who ALWAYS hams it up when a camera is in front of him-I think that he secretly likes getting his picture taken.) Anyway... I gave him my little point and shoot camera to take to Hawaii with him, thinking that he would MAYBE take 5 pictures or so; and that they would be of like the TV inside of the house or something. (which there was one!) But he did SO good! I was so happy. We are exact opposites in that regard. I love taking/looking at pictures. Even if I don't know the people. (which may be why I like the blogosphere so much!) So I was so excited when he came home and over 100 pictures of Hawaii for me to look at!!! The pictures brought back a lot of great memories for me and made me miss Hawaii so much. I've gotten my old photo books from BYU-H out and have been looking and reminiscing about my time in Hawaii!!
Anyway...It looks like he had a lot of fun, and I will do my best at re-capping the experience through the stories I've heard.
These pictures are the view from the house.

The before picture of the house. Ben said that the yard was just pure lavarock and was very hard to landscape.
The boys putting away groceries:
All of the boys jammed into the truck, I think that there are 7 of them.
Sharlene, this picture is for you, so you can see what our husbands did while in Hawaii... :)
Their first time at the beach...
This is where they went snorkeling...
Who is this hottie on the beach?
Ben and his friend, Chase.
Ben, Eric, Dave and Chase.
Ben doing a handstand on the beach...
Eric doing a handstand on the beach...
Don't be jealous ladies...
No, Ben's not a poser, at all!!!
A road that they got stuck on while trying to find a secluded beach...
And they found this couch randomly on the side of the road.
Some cave exploring in some caves they found on the beach...
Getting ready to come home...
And the after pictures of the house: (yes, this is a different house. They did two houses.)
A fence they put in around the pool...
Another beautiful sunset...
Out to eat one night...
And I wonder why him and Ben get along??? :)
Ben with some statues on the beach...

A turtle on the beach...
I know that they worked really hard, but from these pictures it looks like they also had a lot of fun! But I am SO glad to have my husband back. :) AND...as a payment for the work, we get the house for a week!!! I am so excited!!! We haven't decided when we're going yet, but I will take a week in Hawaii any day!!!! :) Thanks Eric! And thank you Ben for working so hard there!

8 comments:

Rosie Moncrief said...

Way to go Ben for taking all the photos!! I love Hawaii, it is a must vaction for all!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Working my eye! Next time I think you should go to make sure work is really being done!

The Enloe Family said...

Hey there. I just have to tell you that I have never laughed so much in all my life. We had so much fun with your husband!!! I could tell that he missed you but they all worked really hard...but yes, they played hard too!!! I think that I bought all the Dt. pepsi and moutain dew that hawaii had, for your hubby and chase but they deserved it!!!! It was fun and Ben was a riot!! Thanks for letting us have him for a while!!!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Awesome pictures. I am so jealous. That is my dream vacation place...some day. I love the pictures of your Dad on the motorcycle. That is so him!

Madsen Family said...

A house for a week in Hawaii? Um, can I come, PLEASE? I know you probably anticipated that vacation to be a romantic one, but you won't even see me once we're there, I swear. I'll just come to the house to sleep....you won't even know I'm there, promise.
Looks like Ben had some fun in the sun. I'm jealous b/c I think it's been 5 months since I've actually seen the sun here in upstate NY. Sigh. That is why I REALLY need a vacation to HAWAII with my good friend Terry....

Darci said...

What a fun opportunity for Ben and his friends. It looks like they had a great time working and playing. I'm so excited that now you get to go for a week!

Heather Wiberg said...

WOW! Great pictures, Ben has more than his share of personality. I can't wait to see pictures from when you get to go Taraka. :)

Sharlene Enloe said...

For some reason I never saw this post before when I was reading your blog. I'm glad Ben took pictures, because Eric didn't take any. I did love the pic of Eric rubbing lotion on Ben! I can just imagine......