Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thomas the train...

If any of you have a boys between the ages of 2-6, I'm sure you understand the obsession they have with Thomas the train. Tucker is no different. I'm not sure of the allure to Thomas, but whatever it is that draws kids to him, they love him. My dad came over a few weeks ago saying that he heard that Thomas was coming to the Opera house for a show-10 minutes later, he had tickets for all of us! Allen, Kelli, Keyton and my mom all came up for it.


I was a little nervous, when even before it began, Tucker was acting like this:

But he soon got over the attitude when Grandma bought them this nifty little toy! (For $15!!! I couldn't believe the prices on all the stuff there, it was insane!)





I couldn't use a flash once the show started, so I tried to get shots when the lights were out on the audience. I think that you can tell from his face here how much he love it! And it was actually a really cute show. The only downside was that it started at 7 pm, which I thought was a little late for a kids show. Other than that it was great. Very fun and bright and colorful for the kids. Not too long.


I love this picture of these two--its so classic of when they're together.


The Grand Finale!

Thanks grandpa for treating us to a night with Thomas, we had a great time!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I think I have the same identical pictures from when we saw Thomas the Train in Spokane a couple of years ago. Sad thing is, now whenever I bring it up Isaac will say, "I don't remember!" I sure remember though...how he almost peed his pants with the lights when dim and the Thomas the Train song came on. I also remember all those fun grocery store trips where he would sing "they're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight. Shunting Trucks and hauling freight!" over...and over...and over again at a very loud volume. Yeah-I like Thomas, he brought me a lot of good memories. Too bad those memories are dim for Isaac. I'm glad you got to go to the show. Looks like fun. You guys are the cutest family and Tucker has some awesome grandparents.

Heather Wiberg said...

You have the best smile Taraka! I think Tucker got his smile form you. Your camera must be awesome the colors are great plus you are a good photographer.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Wow that looks like fun. Marcus would love that. Last year we took the girls to Disney Princess on Ice. I ordered two of those snow cones in a princess cup and about crapped my pants when the guy said $24 please...I think we'll put those in a glass display case sometime! It's crazy what they charge for stuff there, but the kids remember how awesome it was.

Darci said...

What a fun family day. I'll have to see if Thomas is coming to the Seattle area.

MilaBonita said...

I wonder if you and aaron and elias were there on the same night? I am sick pregnant so aaron bought him the tickets and planned the whole date without my knowledge. It looks like it was so fun to go as a family! You guys are so cute. Eli doesn't remember it already :)

Rosie Moncrief said...

I have watched many Thomas the Train videos with Eli and Mason, they used to love him!! Can't wait to see you guys soon!