Thursday, March 19, 2009

My big boy and the Spring time!!!

If you've been wondering about my lack of blogging lately, here's a clue:
No, he isn't trained yet, and to be honest, I am quite torn on the subject. We've stayed in a lot this week and when we have stayed in, I have put him in his big boy underwear. He has had a few accidents. He's not totally sold on the idea of the big boy potty yet, although whenever he sees one of us doing it, he wants to. So... I don't want to force him, I don't want it to be a bad experience and them have him never want to go. I want it to be on his own time and his own desire. But...then part of me just thinks that if I just go all out, stay in for like a week straight and have him go in his underwear a lot, then maybe he'll be forced to do it, and then will just take to it and learn that he likes the big boy potty. But, I'm not sure that will work. He has been easy with change in the past and I think that once he does it, he will love its, since he always wants to be a big boy. I just still don't know what to do!!! Anyway, I guess we'll just see where it goes. I would like to have it happen naturally, but I guess I'm not in a rush! I'll keep ya posted! :)
In other big boy news, he loves to put his own shoes on and more than likely, this is what I see when he does. He is so proud of himself, I just had to get a picture of it!
Getting his own breakfast...the ENTIRE box of Marshmallow Mateys!!! :)
He saw Ben putting his tie on for church and had to wear one himself. He just looked like such a big boy, I couldn't get over it. (he doesn't usually wear ties, this is from Nathan & Angie's wedding last summer)
His favorite thing to do this winter after his bath is sit in his chair by the fire before putting his pj's on...
Ben was going to a late b-ball game one night and Tucker had to put on his sweatband. This child wants to be a big boy SO bad, it hurts him! :)
Tuckers friend, Ella turned one. We went to her party and there was a jump castle there-he was in heaven!
He, of course, was the one right next to her cake the whole time, making sure that he definitely got a piece of it!
Only in Spokane would one day it HAIL... (Tucker had to go outside to see it and taste it)
And the very next day we see new green growing!!!
We took advantage of the nice weather and went outside and played for a while.

I think you can tell from these pictures how much Tuck loves playing outside! We are SO ready for spring!

Ben went under the trampoline and was pushing Tucker up and then his phone rang. Tucker moved on, but Ben stayed under there for a while talking. :)

Welcome Back Spring, please feel free to STAY this time!

8 comments:

jani said...

I hear ya! We have SPRING FEVER!! And we're on the same potty training page too- except that I gave up waiting for warm weather so Dal could just run around outside in his undies- he's been in big boy unders since yesterday afternoon and is doing pretty stinking good- the candy bribes always help... it's just soooo time for him...

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

We can't wait to see you guys in like a weekish!!

April said...

Taraka, I am so excited for spring. I can't even explain it.

and don't worry about the potty training...it will happen sooner or later...

Sharlene Enloe said...

I'm so with you on the ready for spring thing. Good luck with the potty training. Carter is so far from ever even wanting to go. We haven't started. I love Tuck in a tie-- too Cute!

Carolina said...

Hey Taraka! I'm so sorry I am never on my blog. I don't even know how to "work" it. My sis always updates it for me. I just read your comments. :P Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm much more of an email person and only when I have time for it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I haven't been ignoring you! I love you and I always will. :) I will get your email addy from Cookie and send you something from time to time. Or I'll just try to be better about leaving you comments. Deal? :)

As for the potty training - neither of my boys were trained until they were exactly 3 years and 4 months old, when they woke up one day and decided it was time. We tried here and there before then, but always figured out that they will never do it until they are good and ready. And once they decide that, it only takes about a day. Much easier if you ask me! So, don't stress - he won't go to elementary school in diapers. It's usually everyone else who is more anxious about it than you are. :) Oh, and don't even worry about the night time until the day time is well-established!

Ok, now that I've written a parenting book on the subject, I will go now. :P Love Ya - Carol

Rosie Moncrief said...

I cannot wait to see you next week!!!!! I am so excited! Tucker is just getting cuter and cuter!

Darci said...

Yes, please STAY spring. Seeing trees start to bud and flowers emerging from the ground gives me hope. Great pictures of your fun activities. Good luck with potty training. I can't wait for my little guy to be ready. A couple things that worked with Cassidy were: potty treats after going and a sticker chart which eventually earned a special prize.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Marcus did a fake out a few weeks back and was asking to go in the potty. I thought great lets do this, so we got the undies and it was great for a week. Then it got old and now he only goes a couple times a day. Oh well, soon enough. I have learned not to force it though so we'll just wait. I'm sad we missed the Big Horn show this year...everyone was sick. The kids love seeing all the animals and fishing.