Monday, June 15, 2009

Our day with Grandma...

Tucker and I headed down to the Tri-Cities last Saturday to spend the day with my mom. We had such a great day! It was absolutely perfect. Kelli and Keyton were going to meet up with us, but couldn't, so we got grandma all to ourselves! Tucker was in heaven. :) Our first stop:
Chuck E Cheese for lunch. Our friends, Cherie and Carly came with us on the way down and ate some lunch and played with us at Chuck E Cheese, before heading out to do their own family thing, so it was fun having a friend for him at Chuck E Cheese.
We dropped off Cherie and Carly and headed to the Columbia River Temple. I didn't realize how beautiful it is! I thought it was just like Spokane's mini-Temple. But is is not. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! We spent a lot of time just walking around it and enjoying the beauty of it! The weather was gorgeous!




While we were walking around, we found a little bunny just hopping through the Temple grounds. Of course, after that it became Tuckers mission to find that bunny again to play with it! (He never did!)

This is Tuckers pose he did after I asked him to pose on the bench for a picture. I think we have a natural model on our hands here! :) I was laughing so hard when he did this!


After spending most of our afternoon at the Temple, we went to the church bookstore-which if you know my mom is a must stop in Tri-Cities- did a little shopping, and then headed to PF Changs for dinner before leaving to head home! YUM!!!


It was an absolute perfect day with grandma!
Thanks mom!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the Columbia River Temple is a mid-size! It is gorgeous...We were married right next to it in that stake center and I totally wanted to get sealed there but didn't make sense to have Ryan's family drive all the way down there two years in a row...How is your mom doing?? Does she live down there??

Madsen Family said...

Oh that picture of Tucker posing is a crack-up. I can't get over that. Cute little boy. What a fun day. How long of a drive is it to the Tri-Cities? Anyway, I think that it is NO GOOD that you will be absent when I come home. Don't you know that it is a RULE that you always have to be there when I come home? I think maybe you should change your plans:) What a bummer!

Darci said...

How fun to have a special day with your mom. That temple is gorgeous. I was lucky enough to take the youth through before it was dedicated. I may just make the drive again.

Jeanette said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Where is your Mom living now? Did your parents get divorced? I'm sorry, I've been so out of touch lately. Hope all is well. That is a pretty temple! Tucker is a cutie, and that pose is hillarious. I wouldn't expect anything less from one of your off-spring. :) You're so much fun!