Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!

This week my dear friend Sadie turned the big 3-0. I wasn't able to go to be with her on her day, so Tucker and I headed over to Seattle for a last minute visit last weekend. We left Friday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. It was very last minute and very quick. But oh-so-fun! :) I'm so glad I got to spend some time with Sadie on her big day!
Ben wanted to come, and we wanted him to come, but since it was so last minute, Doug hadn't gotten work off, so Doug had to work all weekend, and I think the whole weekend spent with just the girls wasn't what Ben wanted to do! :) He took advantage of the house to himself and got some stuff done around here.
On Saturday afternoon we took Tucker to the beach. It was such a beautiful day! I had packed our swimming suits, only because they have a hot tub, but as soon as Tucker found out we were going to the beach, that is all he wanted to wear! I was expecting cooler Seattle weather and didn't pack any warm weather clothes for myself. We just got some Subway, headed to the beach and enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon in the sun!
That night we had a little girls night out with some of her friends to celebrate her birthday. We went to a fabulous dinner and show! :) I got to see: Cher, Madonna, Britney Spears, Dolly Parton, Liza Minelli, and Gwen Stefani all in one show! $5 bucks to the person who can guess what type of show it was! :) Needless to say, it was a very FUN evening! :)
Some of us girls...
I also always love going to Seattle to see my dear sweet friend, Emily. She was also one of the reasons I headed over last minute. She is going to spend the summer in the Caribbean while her husband is going to school. So I went to say good-bye for the summer! Lucky girl!
On the way home Tucker and I stopped for a photo-op in Vantage point, with a view of the Columbia river.
And we also stopped in Quincy to visit Allen, Kelli and Keyton and have a nice Sunday dinner with them. They live about half way between Seattle and Spokane. The boys spent a lot of the afternoon in Keytons little blow up pool. These are the poses we got when we told them to smile for my camera...

These two together, I tell ya.... :)
It was a quick trip and a fun weekend! I'm grateful for great friends and family!

4 comments:

Taylor Family- Moses Lake, WA said...

How come you don't come visit us in Moses Lake? We are on your way too! We would love to see you. Glad you got to see your friends and family though.

Darci said...

Good for you to make that quick trip to see friends. I love the picture of you and Sadie. We were having nicer than usual weather for a while and I'm glad you got to enjoy it. We'll connect with you again soon.

Kelli said...

It was quite funny to see all the poses they tried out when all we were telling them to do was flex their muscles/be strong. Funny kids.

Emily Carl said...

Baraka~
I just loved seeing you as well! You are a sweet part of my life...thank you for being my dear, old (not your age...time) friend! I love you and little Tucker! Thanks for seeing crazy men impersonating famous women with us, what fun and silliness! love and miss you! God Bless!
Bemily