Friday, September 25, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

I always feel like I have nothing exciting to blog about but then I'll go through pictures and think to myself, 'oh, I want to blog about that...oh, I want to blog about that....' Anyway, we've been pretty busy lately, and here's what we've been up to:
First, the biggest news of all is that Tucker is potty trained!!! I can't believe that he is such a big boy already! So all of my friends told me that I'll know when it's ready to start potty training, that he'll do it when he's ready. I was still clueless, I've never done it before. I always thought to myself, how will I know when he's ready??? Anyway, a few weeks ago we were playing outside and he told me he had to go poop. So we ran inside and he went poop and pee on the big boy potty. I thought to myself, if he is telling me he has to go poop, then he is ready to be potty trained. The next day was a Wednesday and we didn't have any plans, so I stripped him and put big boy undies on him and we didn't leave the house all day. He had a few accidents that day. The next day, Thursday came and NOT ONE ACCIDENT! He was already a pro! The next day, Friday he was accident free until we to our friends house that night for dinner and to play games. He had one accident there, but also went twice in the toilet there, and since that Friday he has been accident free! The next day, Saturday we even went to Chuck E Cheese and he had no accidents. He even was good through trips to the park that week, visits to friends, church, and shopping trips! I keep on waiting for him to relapse or something, because it seems like it should have been more work, potty training him, but he was a breeze! But I've found that the things I just dread doing, aren't really as bad as I'm expecting, luckily. Anyway, he has been accident free for two weeks now and it was so easy! I do still put a diaper on him at night. I'm not even going to attempt night time potty training for another few weeks. I want him to get in the habit of this during the day and then we will attempt night times. Night time potty training kind of scares me, I have no clue what to do or how to do it! If anyone has any good advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
Is it weird that I was so excited so I took a picture of him on the toilet for all the world to see?

So this is a sight that we see quite a bit around our house lately since he never wants to put his pants back on. He just wants to run around in his big boy undies all the time...

The next exciting piece of news around here is that we (ok, Ben) changed the bathroom floors! yeah! Ok, maybe no one else is as excited about this as I am! :) It was long overdue and I am so happy to see the ugly pink linoleum GONE! Tucker, of course had to help every step of the way! Thanks to my wonderful father who also helped a ton! I somehow missed taking a picture of him when he was here helping...



This is right after they were done putting it in, but before they were finished with everything. Notice the toilet in the bathtub...

And the finished product. 100 times better! Thanks Ben for all of your hard work!!!

I went to the Kieth Urban concert a few weeks ago and it was so much fun! I went with my friends, Danna, Heidi and Sharlene. We had great seats and he is such a good live performer! He is seriously so hot when he sings. (we also think that he may have been a little tipsy while performing) But he seriously made it the best concert, he was so into it and going up into the stands and having a grand ol' time! The group 'Little Big Town' opened for him and they were really good too. Since then I have actually listened to their CD, I had never actually heard of them before, and they were just as good live! They harmonize great together, and they were good, too!
Here are all of them performing a song together:







It was so much fun! Thanks girls!!! :)
And a few more random pictures. Here is a picture of me. I am now officially 18 1/2 weeks along. Our ultrasound is on Monday to find out what we are having. I'm so excited!

And now I am off to join this little one in a little nap... This pregnancy just wipes me out sometimes! :)

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Yea for Tucker and for you!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having!!!

Kelli said...

I'm still amazed it happened so easily for you! And I loved his new underwear dance. As for the potty training at night, I'll just say, he's got to be out of that crib if you want it to happen at all.

Stacey said...

You are seriously SO CUTE!!! I miss you guys and some of my other friends over here went to see Keith Urban a week or so ago too!! SO JEALOUS!!!
Isnt it the greatest feeling... being able to say POTTY TRAINED!!! I have to agree with your friend Kelli though... dont even attempt the night time thing unless he's out of the crib... otherwise you'll know, just like with the daytime. Canyon never had a night time accident either (although either did the girls... I guess Heavenly Father figured we have enough to deal with that he wouldnt give us that too ;)!

You're such a good mommy!! I enjoy reading about all of the little adventures you guys go on!

Madsen Family said...

Only Tucker, the dream baby, would be so easy to potty train....You're one lucky mama. And your hair: I'm lovin' it long. I can't remember the last time I've seen your hair so long (probably never). It's really cute, esp. with a little curl! Can't wait to find out the results of the ultra sound. Good luck!

Darci said...

You look GREAT! What a fun concert. Yeah for you and Tucker for the big potty training accomplishment. I would move Tucker to a big bed or just put his matress on the floor in the mean time to tackle the night time training. We did ours all together and I'm so glad. Getting him to understand it's okay at night, but not okay during the day will confuse him. A friend did it this way and it's hard to break that habit. We used pull-ups, not diapers at night and it helped. I don't think Myles has ever wet at night and when he wore diapers he would wake up soaked. You can do it!

Steph said...

love the updates and photos!!!

pieface said...

Taraka! You look beautiful!! Totally not big enough to be that far along. Wow! And way to go on the potty training! That can be stressful.