Friday, September 4, 2009

Ode to Summer...

Since the summer is ending and I just found these pictures on my camera that I had forgotten about, I thought I'd better post about these happenings before I forget and the summer escapes me forever.:) Pregnancy brain, ya know...
When my sister was here in June, she had a birthday but her husband wasn't here, so he set up a birthday surprise, and surprised her with a brand new sewing machine. She had been wanting one and she was SO excited.

My cousin, Trinidy and I at the fabric store where the surprise took place...

Tucker and Pat just playin'... Tucker is my brother-in-law's little brother and whenever Tucker sees a guy with either red hair or curly hair, he gets really excited and thinks that its Pat! :) He loves Pat!

After the sewing machine stop, we had to stop for some milkshakes...

My brother and sister-in-law also came into town to see Kayla while she was here. Tucker & Keyton are always happy to see each other.

Here they are making silly faces at Papa's house...


My sister-in-law, Angie is preggers and is having a little boy in October, so her friends threw her a baby shower... she got lots of goods!

All of us girls at the shower.


My dad, Nathan, Tucker and I headed down to Milton-Freewater, OR to visit my aunt and uncle and grandparents and mom for a few days. Milton-Freewater is a tiny little town where my parents grew up and where I still have lots of family. My mom now lives in Walla Walla which is just about 5 minutes away. We stayed with my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Scott. They have a pool and lots of dogs, and lots of girls to give attention, and Tucker was in heaven. Oh, and my favorite... lots of good food! :) Thanks, Kathy and Scott!!! The boys went down to work, my grandparents house was in desperate need of some repair and a new paint job. But Tucker and I went down to play... :)
We went swimming every day we were down there.
Him and my cousin Trinidy...

And more swimming...

We went on a walk one night around my Aunt & Uncle's apple orchard. I love warm summer evenings!

Tucker loves my Aunt Kathy...

And more swimming...

My other cute cousins: Kristin & Stormee...

Thanks guys for letting us come and stay with you! We always have a good time at the Campbell's! :)

We have also had a pass to Wild Waters this summer. Last winter I couldn't pass up the good deal knowing that after only going a few times it would pay for itself. We didn't get out as much as I'd hoped, but we definitley got our money's worth. We went for the last time this week as the weather is now turning colder and the park is closing after Labor day. I finally busted out my camera on our last trip. Tucker certainly loved it. I thought he would like the toddler area with shallower water, smaller slides and fun water toys, but he almost always just wanted to wear his floaties and swim like a little fish in the big pool.




tucker & carly...

in the car, ready to go swimming...

Ben came with us one day and him and Tuck had so much fun together. Tucker always refuses to go down the big slides with me whenever it was just the two of us, but when Ben was there, of course, he was so happy to go down them with his daddy! He is such a daddy's boy!

Farewell summer, we will miss you!

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Looks like you had a super fun summer! I was so sad to miss Angie's shower - we were out of town :(. Tucker is getting so big!

Kelli said...

Lots of fun this summer! I had to copy a few of those cute ones with Keyton in them. :)

Darci said...

You're always having some fun of one kind or another! Hey, I've met Pat and visited Milton-Freewater many times. See how cool I am?? Haha