Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's a...


I am still in shock!!! But it looks like we will be evening things up a bit here in the Pyper home. I would have posted some ultrasound pictures, but you can tell its your second child when you forget to even ask for the pictures, let alone get them on disc! :)
(Like we HAD to do with Tucker!) :)
Anyway, I thought for sure it was a boy! I don't know why. Yesterday I was in too much shock to even be excited!:) But the more I think about it, the more and more excited I'm getting. I just didn't think I was ready to give up the boy mode I'm in right now and was hoping to continue it a little bit longer. I mean we have a good thing going on with Tucker right now. I didn't want to disrupt! :) But I guess we'll now be immersing ourselves in ruffles and pink and everything else that comes with little girls! :)
It was really funny because Tucker was also set on the idea that it was a boy. He would always tell me that he wanted to teach him this or that. So when we told him yesterday it was a girl. He was almost in tears. He just kept on saying over and over, 'It's not a girl, it's not a girl! I don't want a girl!' Ben did his best to convince him otherwise and I was still just laying on the ultrasound table in shock. Eventually Ben convinced him that it was a good thing and he left the appointment excited about having a little sister. When we got home after the appointment I asked him what he wanted to do for the rest of the day. He told me he wanted to play with his girlfriend. I asked him who his girlfriend was and he said, 'My new baby girlfriend.' It was very cute and I can tell he's already warming up to the idea! :) He also told me today that he wanted to name the girl Jessica. But then he said, 'I don't like the name Jessica, we will call her Jess.' So apparently he's put a little thought into it! :) And Ben, who was the biggest advocate for another boy admitted to me yesterday that he had always hoped for a little girl. I think he was even more excited than I was! :)
Anyway, our lives are about to be flipped upside down, I can tell already! :)

14 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

We love girls!!! You guys will too after the shock wears off.

April said...

CONGRATS Taraka!!!! OH my...this little girl will be so dang cute- Girls are the best! Tucker will watch over her like a hawk.

When are you due??? You need a shower!!! A big one. Starting from scratch again.

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for girls! Love 'em! Think of how much fun she will be to shop for. I better get a girl someday because, let's face it, I really need to do more shopping, right? And bloomers and tights? Can't get enouch of 'em! Congrats! I'm soooooooooooooo excited for you and your cute fam.

Emily Taylor said...

Yeah Tareka!!! I'm so excited for you. Tuckers girlfriend will be so cute.

Holly said...

That is so great!!! A Girl!! What a perfect family!
(p.s. Girls are SO much more fun to dress)

jani said...

Tuckers reaction is priceless! Too funny that he was so set on having a brother... We're so happy for you guys! And I can't believe that the ultrasound tech didn't give you pictures!! I don't really think you should have to ask!!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Yeah! Congratulations! You definitely need to do a baby shower. It's like starting all over again! Pink, pink and more pink:)

Darci said...

YEAH! Girls are so fun. She will just melt Ben's heart every day. What a lucky girl to have you as a mom too! Now I finally have a little girl to shop for. =)

Natalie Jane said...

congrats congrats!!!!!!

Steph said...

i still laugh when i think of tucker's reaction :) you are going to be a great mom to a little girl!

Sharlene Enloe said...

So glad you guys came over today! It was a great day. Thanks! I'm a little jealous you are having a girl, but so happy for you. I'm also jealous of the potty trained Tucker. You'd think he would rub off on Carter by now. I didn't even know Ben changed your floor. Impressive! Glad you have Keith Urban pictures. Since I didn't bring my camera, I will have to snag them off your blog.

Teryn said...

Congrat's Taraka! Girls are so much fun!!

Hey.. I know we talked about this at Steph's shower but never really did anything about it.. if you want access to my blog just e-mail me at teryn6@aol.com with your blogger e-mail and I'll add you to my list of readers :)

hope all is well!

Kristen said...

Yay! A girl! Our girls will be buds someday. I can just feel it! You look great and Tucker is adorable. Hope you are feeling well and always miss your smiling face!

Christy Ivory said...

Man!!! You are sure not having a loss of friends are you.. 13 comments!!! WOW.....
Well, you look amazing. It was so good to see you the other day.:) You looked beautiful..
Your little man is looking so big. He is adorable.
Talk to you soon.