Friday, September 18, 2009

Anniversary Celebrations

6 years with this guy...

meant some serious celebrating! :)
We went to Spencer's. It is supposed to have the best steaks in town. It definitely did not disappoint. The steak was delicious. Here is my beef with places like this: Yes, it was delicious; and YES, it was expensive. But that's all it was. Steak. The sides left more to be desired. The Calamari for appetizer was not fabulous. For the money would I have been happy going to PF Changs or Olive Garden? (Both of which are a lot LESS expensive.) YES. Was it great for a one night romantic evening with my husband. You betcha! Will I go again, probably not! I didn't love it THAT much! :)
Anyway, back to our fabulous evening...

After dinner I surprised Ben with a concert. We went to see 'The Dave Brubeck Quartet'. Most people that I tell this to, have no idea who they are. They are a jazz quartet. Dave Brubeck has been a jazz pianist since 1949. He is considered a 'living legend'. (yes, I read the pamphlet with his biography on it.) Yes, he is that old. I had never heard of them before I married Ben. But he grew up listening to this type of music and loves it! And it was amazing. This 89 year old man has fingers that move faster than my 2 year old sons! I couldn't believe it! I kind of chuckled to myself when Dave Brubeck came out on the stage, barely able to walk. But he sat down at that piano and it was amazing!

Pictures were not allowed during the concert so I snapped some before it began. ( I only had my little point and shoot camera, so they didn't turn out so well.) The concert was in the beautiful and old FOX theater. It is a fabulous old theater here in Spokane that has just been renovated. You will notice two things from this picture below:
1) all of those light spots. Don't they say that those spots in pictures are a sign of ghosts? If so, I would believe it. This theater is so old, it totally wouldn't surprise me that some ghosts are hanging out in it. and...
2) Notice that we were the only ones at the concert under the age of 50! It was a rockin' time! :)

But it was a wonderful evening with this guy...


6 comments:

jani said...

And many more to come.... cute post- we love you guys!!

Darci said...

What a fun concert! Happy Anniversary.

Maria said...

Mmmm we love Spencer's steaks! But for everything else we like Clinkerdaggers. I say that like we've been SO many times (and that's a big fat no) but when Ryan worked at the Double Tree he got a big discount. Happy Anniversary!

Steph said...

congrats! glad you had a fun night out!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Yea! Looks like you had a great time.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a nice anniversary! Congratulations guys! I love all the things to do in fall so we can get out of the house!