Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trip out west...

A few weeks ago I headed over to the great city of Monroe, WA (just outside of Seattle) to visit a WONDERFUL old friend, Darci. She and I were roomies our freshman year in College and I just can't get enough of the girl! :) We had been planning this trip for a few months and it just never worked out. We were using the alabi that it was a 'photography' weekend. She wanted me to take their family pictures, and I couldn't turn her down! :) It was really just an excuse to have a little weekend get away together. It was such a nice and relaxing weekend with her and her family. They totally made us feel like part of the family and we had such a great time there. We stayed up late chatting, and beading and watching movies. It was perfect!
Her little guy, Myles and Tucker became quite the buddies...
P1090194
OK, so I almost just burned this picture and deleted it from existence, but it was the only one we got of the two of us, so I had to put it in...
P1090188 (2)
We did get out for some photo shoots. The weather over there is so crazy that we had to literally wait for a break in the rain, then we would hurry and get ready, go out to a park, take pictures for a while and then would have to be done when it started raining again. So our photo shoot turned into a two day event. You can imagine how happy her husband was about that... :) SInce men tend to LOVE to get their pictures taken anyway! :) He was a trooper, though! :) Monroe is so beautiful and picturesque. It was great. You will have to stay tuned to my photography blog if you want to see their family pictures, they turned out great! :)
Baumchen Family 09 561
One day after taking their pictures Darci grabbed the camera and took one of Tuck & I. I don't know why I am posting this one of myself, either! But I love it of the two of us, even if I do look like death! :)
Baumchen Family 09 555
What do you think of my new BIGGER pictures? Are they too big??? I'm not sure that I like people looking at me THAT closely! :)
( I couldn't do the top two pictures because I stole them from Darci's blog!)

7 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

Yeah big pictures!! They look great. And I snuck a peek at your photography blog. Your photos look great.

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

i like the big picts. how did you get them to post so big?? email me :)

Natalie Jane said...

I want big photos too! LOVE that last shot.

DaNae said...

The pic of you two is adorable! I charge $15 for the design and then just email you the file to print out! Let me know if you would like one. My email is danaedd@gmail.com

Darci said...

You are so talented and are a wonderful friend. I'm excited to make our visits a tradition.

Kiley said...

www.picnik.com... and they have way more than borders :) - it's awesome.

I would love to know your trick for big pictures.. :)

Isn't crazy how fast they grow? I can't believe how big TUCKER is! You are going to have so much fun with a little girl. SO MUCH FUN!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Christy Ivory said...

I love you bigger pictures Tarika!! I do remember hearing that the bigger pictures don't print out in a book if you are wanting to put it into one later. Just a heads up. Not sure it's true, Let me know if you find out... We still haven't played around with that yet. Do you have anymore info about it?? How's your photography going??
You are still looking totally adorable with your little baby bump. So beautiful, you definatley have that glow about you.
We are moving out of the ward, did you hear?
I will miss seeing your face in the hallway once in awhile. :( Hope all is well....