Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween festivities!

Last year we did a lot of fun Halloween-ey things during the entire month of October. This year I wasn't so vigilant in my celebrations. But we did have fun decorating the house. And we have loved the beautiful fall colors that have come. (that already almost gone thanks to the cold weather!) And of course, we have had our fair share of treats, but just not to the extent of last year.
Tucker made that cute pirate pumpkin with our friend, Katherine. She watched him for us one night so we could go out and when we went to get him, they had made this cute pumpkin! She is awesome, thanks so much Katherine! (Even though I doubt she reads this blog!) :) And Spokane has the most beautiful parks for enjoying the falling leaves. We are so lucky! That beautiful bridge picture is from a photo shoot I did up at Manito park. Gorgeous! Ben's mom sent Tucker the best Halloween package (thanks grandma!) and it is was a big huge spider. So we had to make a spider web on the banister of our stairs. It was pretty cool, Tucker loved it! I also have these blocks that can make all of these different sayings for different holiday's. Right now I have them saying, 'Happy Halloween'. Almost every time I went in the living room, Tucker had re-arranged them. I wish I would have taken pictures of them all, but I just thought it was so cute. He thought they were toys for him to play with and he would always try and put them back! :)

We had our little play group at our house this week. We were supposed to be learning the letter E, but since it was Halloween week, I thought we would do some fun Halloween crafts. We made these little paper pumpkins. I had these grand ideas that the kids would love them. I failed to remember that they are three year olds. I basically made all the pumpkins myself and after giving them to the kids, they were destroyed within minutes! Maybe next year! :) I made some sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and it was pure and complete chaos! But the kids were having fun, so I just let them go with it. I just had to snap some shots of my disaster of a kitchen! I guess if they were having fun, then that's all that matters! :)

I will post more pictures later of our actual Halloween day festivities! We had a good one this year! (meaning we got lots of candy, of course!) :)

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Ah, Taraka. As always, you are such a fun, creative mom! Glad you are enjoying all the holidays have to offer:) Hope you're feeling well....

Darci said...

I've said it before, but Tucker is so lucky to have a great mom like you. The holidays are extra fun with kids around.