Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween extravaganza...

Oh Halloween, how we love you so! You bring us great friends, and delicious treats every year! This year our friends, Doug & Sadie came on Halloween weekend for our 7th annual Pyper/Agurkis Greenbluff/Halloween extravaganza! It was great! We got to go trick-or-treating THREE times! Jealous much? :) Here is our weekend in a nutshell. (sorry for the overload of pictures!)
Round #1:
U-High, our local high-school and my alma mater, has an annual trick-or-treating event in the morning where kids can walk through the hallways and the high schoolers pass out candy. It was a great start to our Halloween weekend. Tucker was a dinosaur this year. I bought that costume the week after Halloween last year at Target for $4 on clearance. I got it more for dress up, but Halloween came around this year and he actually wanted to wear it! I wasn't going to complain, it made my life easier not having to worry about a costume. You can bet I will be hitting up Target again this week for some more Halloween clearance items for next year! :)

He did hate the hood (head) though, and refused to put it on. I was also going to make a little flame for him to blow, and get some green pants and paint his face green. But since he was happy as is and my energy level is at an all time low, we didn't worry about the details much! :)

I'm not sure who was more excited about all of his candy, him or his mama! :)
Next up for the day was our annual trip to Greenbluff with Doug & Sadie. This years Greenbluff experience was a little different. Because it was so close to Halloween, most of the pumpkins had been picked over. What was left were the rejects, or the absolutely huge ones, that we didn't want. So we didn't even get pumpkins this year!!! Can you believe it!? I know, it's like Halloween blasphemy! :) We did go to about three grocery stores on the way home to get some, but all were sold out!! We usually go to the farm where you have to cut your own pumpkin off the vine. Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen this year, we went the lazy route and ended up leaving empty handed! Oh well, we still had fun up at Greenbluff.

Taking pictures in what was left of the pumpkin patch! :)

Tucker loves him some Sadie!

And of course, when Doug & Ben are together, a race is gonna happen! :) This time Tucker wanted in on the action!

We did get our pumpkin doughnuts (of course!) and our pickles!
(it's tradition, and they are both SOO good!)
Tucker eating his pickle...

That night the sunset was so beautiful! As we were getting ready for the evening, I just snapped this really quick, it's not that great of a shot. It made me wish I lived on a hill! :)

Round #2:
Trunk-or-Treat. Here we are handing candy out of our trunk. This was the first year that the trunk-or-treat wasn't on Halloween night, so I had gotten a ton of candy to pass out for both Friday and Saturday night and it was all gone within one hour of our Trunk-or-Treat! :) I think some kids were making 3rd and 4th rounds around the cars! :) I love the trunk-or-treat. It's safe, it's easy and it's quick! :)

The next morning Sadie had to go to a dog farm to check out some puppies. She is a volunteer for the 'make-a-wish' program and one of the families she has been working with is wishing for a dog. She went to go pick out a good one for them. Anyone who knows me knows that a dog farm is NOT my idea of a good time! However, I have a little boy who loves dogs with all of his heart. So Doug & Sadie, out of the kindness of their hearts took Tucker to this dog farm with them and it was all he could talk about all day! I know that one day I will have to give into this love affair. I am just putting it off as long as I can. (Is a fish a good substitute for a dog? I could do a fish!)

Tucker and Sadie, again...

Round #3:
Trick-or-Treating with the Enloe's. Next up for the evening was actually trick or treating. This was Tucker's first time actually going door to door.
But first we had to get ready... Here are tweedle dee & tweedle dum...

I was lame and just bought a bat shirt, put glitter on my face, painted my fingernails black and called it good! :)

We went up to the Enloe's and the first thing Tucker did was 'ROAR' his loudest dragon roar for Carter & Olivia...

Trick or treating is serious business...

After a little while the kids were ready to be done. Ben was planning on taking Tucker out for more, but you know it's a good time to be done when in between each house, you carry the bucket and your husband carries the child. Tucker was worn out!!!
But I wasn't complaining because then it was back to the Enloe's for some yummy hot chocolate!

Our next stop of the evening was over to see the cutest little pea pod you ever did see!!! :) Is this not the cutest thing ever???!!! :) Tucker had to go over and see his new little baby cousin! :) And I just couldn't get enough of this little guy!!!

Next up for the evening was making some delicious caramel apples. Because, ya know, we needed more sugar and all! :)

It does not get much better than this.

Tucker and Buddy are best friends. Tucker would like to think, anyway. I'm not sure Buddy enjoys it so much! :)

And the annual Halloween PJ pictures...



My favorite thing about Halloween: M&M's for breakfast and a carmeled apple for dinner on Sunday.
My least favorite thing about Halloween: Tuckers tantrums that have been happening all week when I WON'T let him have candy for every meal!
Other news from the weekend is that on Sunday, I officially passed the 24 week mark! I can't believe it's already been 6 months!!!

Is is too early for this baby to come out already, I am done with being pregnant! :) Although I'm not sure that I'm ready for two kids!! I'm not complaining though. We really are SO excited!! I just feel so blessed that we are going to be bringing another little one into our family! I have a lot of friends struggling right now to even just do that and my heart hurts for them! We don't realize the blessings we have until we or the people we are close to have to go through these types of struggles. All of you please know that you are in our prayers!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

First, it's weird to see Ben with eyebrows! How funny. And yeah, I'm hating this "i need candy!" fit every couple of hours. You're six months already? Man these pregnancies are going fast this time!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

looks like fun fun. i'm 32 weeks and very very very ready to be done!! i'm also like 3 times the size you are!!!!

Steph said...

great pics of Tucker on Halloween!--And, Taraka...you look gorgeous!! This pregnancy is flying by (for me anyway)...lol...we want to see you guys soon!

Darci said...

I think your 'costume' was great! It's a good thing Ben has friends to be crazy with. =) Tucker is such a lucky guy to have three rounds of candy collection. He'll never remember that pumpkins were absent.
P.S. It was so great to see you this weekend! You are such a great friend.