Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Officially a mom...

I just need a child in soccer and you can officially call me a soccer mom! :) With peanut #3 on it's way we knew we needed a car upgrade, majorly! I've been driving my little Jetta for the past 8 years. While it has been a good car, and it was perfect when we were first married, it is teeny tiny! When the four of us were all in it together, we had to maneuver in particular ways in order to all fit comfortably! Even when he wasn't trying to, I could feel Tuckers feet in my back at all times! And it's a stick, which is hard for me to begin with, and even harder when you have two children in the back seat. It was a hassle never being able to bring friends anywhere. Once in a while we would unlawfully sneak a friend in the middle between the kids. But forget about a car seat or even a booster fitting in the middle, even without a seat it was tight!
Anyhoo...anyone who knows my husband knows how frugal he is. I was worried that I would end up with a sedan and be in the same position with three kids as I am now with two! :) Luckily good sense (and a great deal) got the better of him and he came home with this baby:
I was in shock! I actually had a dr. appointment that morning and after picking up my kids at a friends house went home. I opened the garage door and saw this mini van sitting in our garage. I figured Ben was home and that he was test driving it. I had to go to the bathroom so bad, so I ran inside and didn't really take a good look at it. When I was finished, I called for Ben, but he WASN'T home. So, I ventured back into the garage for a closer look. After opening the driver side door, I saw this:
People think it's pretty crazy that he bought a car without even telling me, but I totally trust him! He isn't going to stop until he finds the best car for his money. And my dad went with him to take a look at it, and he got the ok from him. I totally trust those two together to get a great car! And it has been great! I swore years ago that I would never drive a mini van, but I really am in love! :) Taylor and I sat in it for like an hour after I realized it was ours to keep, just playing with the knobs and buttons and seeing all the cool things it can do! I love it-it's a dream!!! :)

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

we have the same van! same color too. i fought it cause i had to give up my cr-v but to be honest i do like it.

wendy holt said...

I LOVE my Odyssey!! Bradley says we are a "real" family now. Congrats on your official status!

Kelli said...

Insanely jealous over here. We should have just bought a van instead of my trailblazer last year... And an Odyssey of all vans! I'm going to be dying for a switch-over once I ride in it, I'm sure. Good job Ben!

Madsen Family said...

Nice way to drop that you're having another baby. I can't believe it! But I am ecstatic for you and your cute family. I'll need all the details now, of course, like due date, how you're feeling, etc., etc. Mini-vans are cool now, didn't you get that memo (I hope so b/c I've been sporting a 2004 Kia Sedona that barely drives, but I do love so many things about it!). Congrats on the new baby and the new car! What fun times.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Well congratulations on baby #3 and the new mini van! I love how spacious they are. How is the pregnancy going?

Teryn said...

ooohh.. love the new minivan! we need one of those too! congrats on baby number 3! wishing you an "uneventful" and wonderful pregnancy :)

Darci said...

I love that Ben surprised you with the new car. And congrats on baby #3 on the way! I haven't been checking blogs much, so I'm clearly a little behind. :)