Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby makes 3...

Well, if we aren't friends on facebook, you might not know this, but we are expecting Baby #3 in June! June 10th to be exact. We hadn't 'officially' announced it, but all of our family and friends here in Spokane whom we see everyday knew. I didn't mean to keep everyone in the dark, and then by the time I started showing and looking pregnant, we were almost to the point of finding out the sex anyway, so I thought I'd wait.
We found out in October, I took a test without telling Ben, although I think we both knew. I took it the morning of October 6th. I hadn't had a period in September, and wanted to wait so as not to get my hopes up. Sure enough it was positive! :) I went and got a whole bunch (30-which seemed like a lot more at the time, here in the pictures, it doesn't look like that many) :) of balloons, and I had them filled with helium and put them in our dungeon, I mean basement room. I tied the pregnancy test to one of them. I was so proud of myself for keeping quiet all day about it. That night he went to bed, and I was upstairs chatting with my mom, who happened to be visiting at that time. And, of course, he came right up and was so excited!
**With Tucker I was in such shock, that I called him right away ( I was at work, and only took a pregnancy test to support a friend who had been trying and we took one together--and was SHOCKED when it was positive) and I always wished that I had done something more creative. With Taylor we had been trying for a while, so I was taking a lot of pregnancy tests, so he knew exactly when it was positive. Anyhoo...it was a fun way to tell him, and then the next day we told the kids and of course, after that they spilled the beans to whomever would listen to them! :) We are 99% sure that this is our last, so I wanted to make it fun.
010

003 (2)

007 (2)
Fast Forward a few months, and I started showing at the beginning of December, at about 14 weeks:
IMG_2189
My goal was to take a picture every week of my belly, here is 15 weeks:
IMG_2227
But, surprise surprise, those were the only two shots I got! :) So that lasted a total of 2 weeks. :) 
Until the day we found out what HE is:
IMG_8938
And here I am that same day, at 20 weeks:
IMG_2368
It was so much fun to all be in the ultrasound room together, just the 4 of us. When she said it was a boy (and it was CLEARLY a boy, he was not hiding at all!) I was in shock! I guess because I have been in girl mode for the past few years with Taylor, I thought for sure it was a girl for some reason. I am SUPER excited about it being a boy though and can't wait to bust into all of Tucker's old baby things and clothes. Tucker was such an easy and fun chubby little baby and I keep on picturing him as a baby in my head, and if that is at all what this little man will be like, I will be the luckiest mother alive! And if you know me at all, you know I LOVE boy toys! They are so much more fun! I think I get more excited about getting Tucker toys than he is and with Taylor I'm always at a loss. The kids were so excited, and I got excited about the idea of having my one little Taylor girl as my little friend for the rest of my life. And Heaven knows Tucker needs a roommate, he hates to do anything by himself, and hopefully this little one will be a good friend for him in a few years. But now I will never get my little Bailey Glo (that was my girl name) and am at a total loss for boy names. The kids in primary today suggested: Tony, Tommy, Toby, Jabba the Hut, Spiderman. Tucker likes Cooper and that is pretty much all we have right now. Ben is adamant about it NOT being a T name, as that was never our plan. I don't care, part of me thinks that at this point, maybe we should continue it, but it doesn't matter to me either way. There isn't a T name I am in love with.
I am feeling good, just tired a lot! But that is to be expected with two other ones running around! I can't complain though, because I have fairly easy pregnancies. I have noticed with this one, because of my miscarriage last year (which I thought I was totally over) I get anxiety before every doctor appointment until I hear that little healthy heartbeat, and then I sigh a huge sigh of relief. The Ultrasound on Friday when we found out he was a boy, was great, she said everything looked perfect, so I have a lot of peace of mind right now about that. I am sure everything will be fine, but sure can't wait to be holding this little one in my arms--if you know what I mean! :)
And that about sums things up right now for us! It has been so much fun, a bit of an emotional roller coaster mixed in with some anxiety, but mostly pure excitement and joy thinking about adding a third little one to our family! I am completely content right now and couldn't ask for more.

6 comments:

jani said...

You're adorable! Soooo happy for your little family! June 10 was my dd with dallin and he was born june 3rd (after being induced, of course!)... Thats my guess for you, june 3rd, is a lovely day to have a baby *grin*
Miss you guys!

jani said...

You're adorable! Soooo happy for your little family! June 10 was my dd with dallin and he was born june 3rd (after being induced, of course!)... Thats my guess for you, june 3rd, is a lovely day to have a baby *grin*
Miss you guys!

jani said...

Why did it post my comment twice?? I only hit the "publish" button once, I promise!

jani said...

You're adorable! Soooo happy for your little family! June 10 was my dd with dallin and he was born june 3rd (after being induced, of course!)... Thats my guess for you, june 3rd, is a lovely day to have a baby *grin*
Miss you guys!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Hurray for another Pyper kid! You look so good too!! Congrats!