Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thanksgiving week...

These photos are out of order, but you will get the idea that our Thanksgiving week this year was a busy one!
Since Tucker's birthday this year fell on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, he got to bring treats to his class to celebrate on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, his last day of school for the week. He really wanted me to bring Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and so I got to come to the last half hour of school and celebrate my little boy with his friends. It was so much fun, and since he is not one to shy away from the lime light, he was loving it! :) There were like 8 of his 22 classmates gone from school that day so we got to take a lot of extra's home, which we didn't mind at all! :)
088
While Allen & Kelli were here I took some family pictures (which still have yet to be edited due to some photoshop issues I have been having--sorry guys!) We just went into my dad's back yard and snapped a few and Tucker came to be my photo assistant but I had to capture one of the two BFF cousins together:
105
Since Allen had to work on Thanksgiving day, they came the weekend before and we had a big Thanksgiving dinner with my dad then. It was, of course, delicious and the kids even got a little skype session in with their cousin, Carter who is far away in Kansas City...
075
And here they are making faces at him:
074
Grandma got all the girls matching dresses, and so we had a little photo shoot:
061
Cute Kenzie May:
068
Friends, Taylor & Cassidy:
072
This guy was dead to the world after dinner. I guess all of that tryptophan got to him! :) 
(we have to harass him as much as possible when he's over, it's good for 'em, right?! :)
054
That week we somehow managed to fit in a trip to the Children's museum, Mobius:
081
Our former BFF's, the Enloes came into town for the holiday, and we met up one day before Thanksgiving at Noodle Express for dinner. The reaction of these two seeing each other was priceless. I am so glad that Shar caught it on her phone:
photo
Thanksgiving day came and since we had already had our big dinner with my dad while my brother was here, on the actual day of Thanksgiving, we went to some friends house. 
But not before I was able to get some bridal shots of this beautiful bride:
818
Her wedding day wasn't until the Saturday following Thanksgiving, but this was the only time that either of us could sneak away to get in a little bridal session. She is gorgeous!
1005-1
After a morning of photos and some lounging at home, we headed over to the Wagstaff's house for dinner. It was fun to be with friends, who feel like family, and my dad and Kathryn were there too, so it really was a family affair! :)
After dinner we made these little turkey treats:
091

090
And we finished the evening by heading to see 'Wreck it Ralph' with the kids and had a great day! I actually really liked the movie, maybe because I was expecting the worse, and it was better than I thought it would be!
The Friday after Thanksgiving we had Carter spend the night with us, so he could wake up the next day on Tucker's birthday with him. These two boys seemed to just continue right where they left off, even though it had been a good 4 months since we had seen them.
092
The next morning, Saturday, we took Tucker to breakfast to celebrate. I had to photograph a wedding all day and evening, so this was the only time we were going to be able to go out to celebrate as a family. The Enloe's, my dad and Kathryn and Jason & Kayla all joined us for breakfast and Tucker got to open his gifts.
094
I felt pretty guilty for not spending the day with him on his big day, as I was a bit busy with these two:
M&K Wedding 907-2
{Although I enjoyed VERY much spending the day with friends and photographing them, I just love them to death!}
But when I got home that night and saw Tucker's room, I didn't feel too guilty, I think he had a pretty good day and got pretty spoiled:
M&K Wedding 1402
Oh, and this one, on her own, decided that she wanted to try the big girl potty and wear her new Dora underwear (something that I had been encouraging her for months to do!) and did it, went on the potty all by herself for the very first time!!!  It was a big week for all of us! :) It only lasted one day and she was over it, but at least it was a start, right?! :)
099
I have so much to be thankful for! I love this time of year when our thoughts turn toward what we have! I truly have SO much! In all the busyness of the month, I totally spaced it on our Thankful poster, but thank goodness for pintrest, because I already have some ideas for next year! I am so so so blessed!

No comments: