Saturday, April 27, 2013

Easter...

Easter this year for us, was a bit hectic with the move and everything. We did an Easter Egg hunt with my dad's ward the week before Easter weekend, and the kids had fun there, but then on the Saturday before Easter day, I was just in moving mode, I had Ben home for the day and had all of these things I wanted to get done, and didn't even think about an Easter Egg hunt! Then that night I started seeing pictures and posts on facebook about all of the fun Easter egg hunts my friends were doing for their kids, and I felt really bad! Sorry guys!
IMAG0126
IMAG0124

I actually barely even remembered to get anything to go in their baskets. Thank goodness for the dollar store and some clothes that I had already purchased for the summer from Old Navy. :) On Easter Sunday we were woken up at 3am by a puking Tucker! The poor child, got it bad. Both Ben and Taylor over the course of the past few weeks had had the puking bug, but for both of them, they puked once or twice and were down for a day and 24 hours later were fine, Tucker was throwing up ALL day. He would tell me he was so thirsty so I would give him some water or gatorade or Sprite, and sure enough a few minutes later, he was at the toilet dry heaving. It was not a fun day! Ben went to church without us, and we just hung out all day.
I sure didn't think I would be spending my day like this:
IMAG0136 
I think Taylor was just tired from watching Tucker sleep on the couch all day. :) She passed out too in the afternoon. I wasn't complaining, this girl has nixed naptime for a few months now.
IMAG0141
I had attempted to do something Eastery the night before by putting out their baskets, but they didn't get much action with the sick-o.
IMG_2537
I did force them to take a picture, which you can tell they were really excited about! :)
IMG_2539

IMAG0137
I felt really bad, too. My brother and his family had driven in that day for Easter Sunday and a big dinner at my dad's house. Luckily they were going to be here for most of the week because of Spring break, so I knew we'd have time to play, my kids were just so excited to see their cousins, and of course, that wasn't going to happen with the puking going on. So we had to postpone Easter dinner at my dads.
The next day, Tucker seemed to be feeling better, he hadn't thrown up since 7 the night before, and when he was eating and acting fine on Monday, I figured we were in the clear. We waited for the afternoon to head up to Papa's house to play with our cousins just to make sure, but he seemed fine. So, we were finally able to start the Easter festivities.
Egg's were dyed:
IMG_2550

IMG_2549

IMG_2551

IMG_2552

IMG_2553
Bubbles were blown, and Papa's driveway decorated with chalk:
IMG_2555

IMG_2559
It was such a beautiful day!
IMG_2561
And finally, when Ben got off of work, the eggs were hidden...
IMG_2568
This one sure loves her daddy, they are so cute together!
IMG_2573
And then we had a delicious dinner with my dad and brother and his family and it was just a great evening. I felt really bad that we didn't even go to church on Easter Sunday to celebrate the real meaning of Easter, so I tried really hard to always remind my kids WHY we were celebrating. 
Funny Story, a family just moved into our branch and they have a little 6 or 7 year old boy. When we were doing an Easter lesson on the Sunday before Easter (when I was there) this kid knew every detail about the last week of Christ's life, and kept on raising his hand and saying all of these details that I was shocked a little boy would know. So, the music leader asked who the other two men were that were on the cross next to Jesus and Tucker was so excited to finally know the answer to a question he just blurted out 'They were Kings!!!' And he looked at me so proud. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth! :) I just leaned over to one of my friends who teaches in primary and was like, 'yup, that's MY kid!' :) So maybe we have a few details to work out about the last week of Christ's life, we've got time, right??? :)
Here's hoping to a better and more meaningful Easter celebration next year! :)
(though it was fun having cousins in town!)

No comments: