Friday, April 26, 2013

Pregnancy Update...

Today I am 34 and 1/2 weeks pregnant! That means only 5 and a half weeks to go! I can't believe it! This pregnancy has gone by so quickly! Things are going well, I have some major Acid Re-flux issues, but nothing a little cocktail of Zantac and Tums can't cure! :) I would seriously die without those two pills. But I can't complain, because other than that I have fairly easy pregnancies. And other than being EXHAUSTED 24/7 I am feeling great!
I sometimes feel guilty for the leisurely mornings we have around here. I am in a great stage to be pregnant with my last baby. Most of the time we have no obligations in the morning, and the only thing we really HAVE to do during the days is make sure Tucker gets to school by 12:30. I used to feel guilty for our lazy morning lifestyle, until I realized that this is the LAST time EVER that my life will be like this and I decided I'm just going to enjoy it. The kids come into bed with me every morning, and we play and talk and snuggle for however long we want to! It is wonderful, and I realize I am so lucky to be in this stage right now. When this baby comes in a few short weeks, these mornings are going to be a lot more hectic and stressful and I will probably even be more tired. Then we will have our summer to adjust to being a family of 5 and then Tucker will start 1st grade in the fall, and our mornings will be a whole lot earlier, filled with routines, and getting kids out the door and cranky kids (probably) so I'm just enjoying it now while I can! Poor Eric Enloe was at our house  yesterday and thought that me and the kids were already out and about at 9:30, and that he was here alone and so he was pretty shocked when Taylor came wandering out of our bedroom at 9:30, so he peeked in and there were me and Tuck also just lounging on the bed. (Yes, I was embarrassed by that one, luckily Eric is like family) :)
I also have started getting the nightly leg cramps and have to sleep with at least 4 pillows propped up in their very particular places, or I can't sleep right. Sleep has left me for most of the night as I am battling the cramps and re-flux and comfort issues, so once I do go down, that is why I sleep so late in the morning. I will be glad to get back to my normal sleeping habits when this baby comes, but will for sure miss the lazy mornings with my kids in bed with me. It is my absolute favorite part of the day with them!
Anyway, this pregnancy has been a bit different than my previous pregnancies. I don't know if you remember with Tucker or Taylor, but I get huge! This time around, I have remained fairly small (for me) and haven't gained any weight! Let me back up, I started this pregnancy bigger than with either of my other two, and so I am actually the same weight right now that I was when I delivered Taylor, and that's because I was that same weight when I got pregnant with this one last fall! I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. I wasn't obese or anything, but I had some lbs. I could lose, I just didn't think it would happen while I was pregnant! :) I didn't gain very much with Tucker, I only gained 18 lbs. with him and he was 9 1/2 lbs, and with Taylor I think I gained 23 lbs. So either I am going to have a small baby, or this little man inside of me is just a beast who is sucking the life out of me! :) ha ha!
I went in last month for my monthly appointment and the Dr. told me to start eating 300 more calories a day, this was, of course, after he made sure I was eating right. I assured him I was, I have never had a problem with that, and hey, if the doc orders me to eat more, I have no problem with that either! :) Then I went into my appointment this month sure that I had gained some weight, and I was down a pound! So, he wanted to get an ultrasound just to make sure the baby was OK.  Even though his heartbeat was good, I am measuring right on track at 34 weeks, and my blood tests and urine samples all have come back fine.  I told him my theory of how when Tucker was just 3 days old, at his 3 day Dr  appt. his pediatrician told me that she knew why I stayed so small & he was so big, because he had the biggest juiciest umbilical cord that she had ever seen! She told me everything I ate during my pregnancy went straight to him! So, my theory as to why I'm not gaining any weight this time around would be because this child is a huge beast inside of me, who has a huge umbilical cord and is taking everything I have! He laughed and just said, we'll see at your ultrasound! :) He also told me that if I hadn't gained any weight at this point, then really I am losing weight, because the baby is obviously growing. So, I went in on Monday the 22nd for the Ultrasound, and they measured everything from his bones to the fluid around him, and she said that everything looked perfectly healthy and normal! And my doc says that things like this just happen sometimes and every pregnancy is different! But I'm not complaining about having to up my calorie intake, I know that this is rare, and it has been a while since I haven't had to watch what I eat. I am enjoying every minute of it. Fries and milkshakes for lunch every day and as a snack every night before bed, sounds good to me! :) Oh, and I just discovered that Dairy Queen has cheese curds. I love cheese curds, you know I've been there a few times these past few weeks! :)

IMG_2576
30 weeks
IMG_2598
31 weeks
IMAG0256
and 34 weeks!
I realize that I look exactly the same in all of these photos as far as the hair and accessories go. I just don't have the energy to put much effort into my looks, so this is what the next 5 and a half weeks or so are going to look like for me.  I have my staple 5-6 outfits that are comfy and I actually like, so we go through the rotation, and I will happily destroy all of my maternity clothes after this baby comes! :)
And while I am so excited for little man to get here, it has just recently hit me that I don't have a lot of time to get things ready! Aaaack! And don't get me started on  names; we are clueless!
Any suggestions???

1 comment:

Angie C. said...

I know I said this before but you are seriously the cutest pregnant lady!!! We can't wait to meet him!! Carter thinks you should name him Micah or Corbin...Out of the list I gave him those are the ones he picked :) Funny boy!!! Miss you guys!! Glad everything is going well! You can take a few of my pregnancy pounds that I can't for the life of me get rid of!!! :)