Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring Break...

The start of Spring Break was a little rough with Tucker being sick, but once we got over that, these two sure had a great time together. Keyton stayed at our house for a few nights, and they had so much fun. Kelli and the girls were going to head back to Quincy after just a few days and Allen & Keyton were going to stay for the whole week, which Tucker was really excited about. But Keyton decided he would miss his mommy too much and decided to go home with her. So a lot of our fun plans didn't happen, and it was rainy and wet outside, so we did what we could, and made the most of it. 
One lovely thing about this new house, is hands down the play room. The kids go up there for hours at a time and I don't even see them or hear them! It's fabulous! :) Most of the time they want me in there with them, and I am, but when I need to get things done, it's great! :) Keyton & Tucker spent a lot of time up there. They called me in and told me that they had made Jurassic Park!

IMAG0148
And then the next day they rebuilt it, and they said that the dinosaurs wanted to get a little sun by the window before going into their new home. :)
IMAG0149
Next time Keyton comes, we will for sure do our movie night, our hike and our trip to jump and bounce; all the things we were planning on doing while he was here!
We also did have some fun at friends house. One whole afternoon of playing Skip-Bo while it rained outside, was actually really fun! And these girls are all like sisters to Tucker & Taylor. I love it!
IMAG0152
A few trips to the library...
IMAG0159
And we celebrated this Lady's birthday! It doesn't get any better than a Brazilian Churrascaria!
IMAG0160
Some early morning play time on mommy's bed, before she's fully awake. I was awoken by my body being a monster truck race course.
IMAG0163
And this girl had some indoor picnics with her animals:
IMAG0166
One fun thing about moving is re-discovering old toys, or in this case, dress up clothes. This wig was rediscovered and has made many appearances on the kids as of late. They think it's hilarious! :) And so do I! :)
IMG_2578
It was a low-key and relaxed spring break, but that is what we needed right now to get all of the stuff we still have to do around here done. It is coming together, slowly but surely! :)
I also got a glimpse of what our summer is going to be like if I don't get my butt in gear and start getting things planned! :) It just might be a loooooong summer with a newborn and two stir-crazy kids!

1 comment:

Angie C. said...

I'm so jealous of your play room!!! I want one soooo bad! I'm getting really tired of toys all over the living room :) Maybe some day...