Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Little Man...

How the heck did my little boy get from this:

{One day old in the hospital}
To This:


{A big boy wanting to just play and get into everything?}

Tucker is 18 months today!!! I can hardly believe my little baby is already such a big boy!!! Time flies by so fast, and I can't even remember our little family without him!! He is such a sweet little man, and we love him SO much. His big personality is coming out so much. He says and does some of the cutest things, and half of the time I don't don't where he even gets it. Some of his favorite things are:
Cars -we watch the Disney movie, Cars, an average of 3 times a day
Balls
Dogs -Is this kid a boy or what?
Dancing -Sexyback by JT is his favorite
Snuggling-hes the BEST snuggler EVER!
Talking- All the time!
Making Faces-the boy is most definitely his fathers son!
Bath time
And more Dancing

And I know I may be biased, but he also is the smartest kid too! Ben and I sat down and to write down all of the word he knows right now, (mainly for our own personal memory)not the words he just randomly says because he hears them, but words he actually knows:
  1. mama
  2. dada
  3. papa
  4. pala (grandma-?)
  5. dog-ruff ruff
  6. one-two-three-six
  7. cat- mao
  8. duck-qack qack
  9. belly-button
  10. cow-mooo
  11. bear-roar
  12. lion-roar
  13. pig-oink oink
  14. car
  15. birds
  16. cool
  17. truck
  18. movie
  19. bike
  20. Shoe
  21. mcqueen (the movie Cars)
  22. sock
  23. ball
  24. catch
  25. hat
  26. up
  27. down
  28. uh-oh
  29. wow
  30. bite
  31. light
  32. outside
  33. Carly(his gf), Kayla(aunt), Kelli(aunt), all get mixed into Car-la for all of them :)
  34. Na-an (Nathan)
  35. no-no-no
  36. pease (please)
  37. tank-ou
  38. bath
  39. hasta luego(SOOO cute-but he'll only say this one when asked)
  40. nigh-nigh
  41. bottle
  42. water
  43. juice
  44. Jesus
  45. amals(animals)
  46. treat
  47. snack
  48. poop
  49. moon
  50. pop
  51. trees
  52. morning(mo-ing)
  53. yeah
  54. bike
  55. Mater(from Cars)
  56. nose
  57. ears
  58. eyes
  59. teeth
  60. mouth
  61. touch
  62. oh-no
  63. amen
  64. book
  65. read (weed)
  66. owl-hoo hoo
  67. ouch
  68. bonk
  69. paper
  70. jump
  71. nana(banana)
  72. apple
  73. go go go
  74. pillow
  75. bye bye

And, I don't mean to brag, but after coming up with this list, we checked on-line (because everything on line is complete wisdom and truth) and a few sites said that at 18 months, a child should be saying like 10-15 words!!! Our child is a genius! :) No, really talking is just MOST DEFINITELY his thing. I mean, he didn't crawl until 10 months, really had no interest in it, and didn't walk until 15 months, so talking is just it for him. It is his one talent so far in life.:) His first few words were: Dog, Cool, and Thank you. Cool and Thank you came, I think, from just hearing me. But the boy truly does love Dogs! :)

He is just such a sweet and happy boy, we couldn't have asked for a better child for our family! Since I didn't start this blog until he was like 9 or 10 months, and I love pictures so much, I had to include some of my favorites...(notice how he is just always smiling)

{First Christmas-1month old}

{Trying to figure out where the music is coming from, I think}

{First solid foods-boy did he love them-6 months}

{first big-boy hair-do with Gel and everything!!!}


{Yeah-finally using those legs of his, and pulling himself up to stand-he is such a poser}

{He's always loved the attention from the ladies!}

{Loving bath time}
{One of his many many faces}
We love you Tucker!

5 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Happy 18 month birthday Tucker! I loved all the pictures of him growing up. He is such a stud muffin! Hope you had plenty of chocolate cake to celebrate the occasion.

JAMIE said...

is it me, or is he DEFINITELY your baby...wow..what a cutie. This post made me cry. I am such a sap

Stacey said...

and we've missed it all :0(

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

i want to kiss his chubby little cheeks!!!!!

Rachel said...

taraka, you are such a great Mama. Happy 18th months to Tucker. I also realized that you just had your birthday as well. Happy Birthday to you.
Rachel