Saturday, May 31, 2008

Funniest Story Ever...

So, I just started filling in at the Temple, in the office. I answer phones and record names, etc.... last Saturday was actually my first day. I worked there a lot when I first got home from my mission, and just recently thought about how wonderful it would be to work again. Anyway, I'm just a filler.

So, Saturday morning, the phone rings in the temple. It was a young girl on the other end, and after asking her what I could do for her, she told me she wanted to schedule a wedding (sealing). So, I asked her what day, she said Aug. 8th. (08-08-08, cool huh) So, I told her what times were available, and she gave me the time she wanted. I then asked her her name, so I could put her info in the computer. She replied, "Angie Woolf." And I screamed! (and then I remembered I was in the temple) Little did I know that I was talking to my brothers girlfriend! I said, 'Angie, this is Taraka!!!' She didn't recognize my voice because I was talking all reverently and quietly, until I screamed that is! :) Anyway, he hadn't actually officially proposed, but had just asked her dad the night before, and just wanted to call and reserve that day at the temple, because she thought it might get booked pretty fast. And she was right, there were only 2 time slots open when she called. So, they hadn't told anyone in the family, besides her dad, obviously, and they were going to wait to tell the family until he had actually popped the question. But I foiled their plans. After Nathan found out that I knew, he knew he had to ask fast, or I would tell everyone. (I'm not very good about keeping secrets)
So, I just had to share the story of how I found out my little brother was getting married!! I'm glad I did answer the phone too, because knowing Nathan, I would have found out like the day of!! And I think that it's a hilarious story! So, Angie is officially going to be a Campbell soon, and we wish her luck with that! :) We hope you're ready for all of this craziness! :)

We are so happy you are going to be official!

5 comments:

Shayla said...

CJ and I always check in on you guys together, so we were just reading your story ( I think that CJ was secretly hoping that it would be about Ben) That is so funny! What are the chances!? Hope you guys are great!

Steph said...

We just found out that they were engaged, today :) I predicted it, though.

Our blog address is:
www.ellersick.blogspot.com

We should all get together, soon :)

JAMIE said...

I love love love love love it....Is this the sister I met? THe one that was suppose to marry my brother.

This is an awesome story. Steve and I reserved the temple before he proposed. YEs, everyone wants to get married on that day...fun fun fun.

What temple btw?

DaNae said...

That is such a funny story. I am so excited for them. Tell them congrats for me.

Stacey said...

thats my birthday!!! What a perfect date for a wedding... I mean, not because its my birthday... but what a perfect date for a wedding!! That is an awesome story though, and I laughed when you said you screamed, because I can TOTALLY imagine it!