Monday, February 1, 2010

Last minute quick trip to Seattle...

When Ben flew home from Hawaii, him and the guys flew into Seattle and then drove home to Spokane. We decided it would be fun to have one last little weekend get away before this baby came. So instead of him driving with the guys to Spokane, I drove to him in Seattle so we could stay for the weekend. We asked my mom if she would take Tucker so as to really enjoy our weekend and when she said she would, it was a done deal. It was perfect timing because our good friends, Doug & Sadie, just adopted a baby boy and she was having a baby shower that weekend.
So, I made the drive over to Seattle, part of the way with Tucker because my mom was meeting us in Quincy, where my brother lives, and that is almost exactly half way to Seattle. It was a long 2 and a half hours with Tucker for the first part of the trip. After being together for a week straight with no daddy coming home at night, we were both ready for a little break from each other, if you know what I mean. I had to threaten many times that I would turn the car around and he wouldn't get to see grandma (he was very excited to stay with grandma for the weekend). But we survived, and we got to my brothers house and I dropped of Tuck and the rest of the trip was a breeze! :)
I feel like I am always having to either bribe or threaten him these days. Do all 3 year olds act like this? Is this normal? I really hope that it is a three year old stage, and I am really looking forward to this stage to end. I feel really guilty for feeling like this with him, but he has been testing us on EVERYTHING these days and it is driving me crazy!!! And he's not like this with
anyone else, but Ben and I. Anyway.... the weekend in Seattle sans Tucker was a much needed little retreat for me! :)
Ok, back to our weekend. I got to meet this little guy for the first time...
Feb. 10 093
Jacob Lee Agurkis! What a cutie! He is such a good baby, I couldn't believe it! He is a little sweetheart! We fell in love with him instantly!
Feb. 10 122
{After bathtime}
Feb. 10 157
{Just hanging out with the boys}
<span class=
{I got lots of cuddling time in with him}
Sadie's baby shower was a lot of fun, she has such great friends! I've gotten to know a lot of them over the years just from our trips to Seattle, so it was fun being with her and her friends during the shower.
Here she is with Katie and Joy, the two that actually threw her the shower...
Feb. 10 158
The Agurkis Circus... :)
Feb. 10 163
And all the girls at the shower...so fun!
Feb. 10 172
We went to lunch one day and Doug and Ben thought that I was walking too slow, (I guess being 8 months pregnant will do that to you) so they picked me up and carried me. This is NOT the most flattering picture, but it was just so funny, I had to post it. :) (maybe you had to be there!) :)
<span class=
It was a nice little weekend getaway, and I'm so glad we were able to make it happen since I am not sure when we'll be able to make it back next. Thanks grandma for watching Tucker for us! Having two children will throw a wrench in our weekend get away plans. Plus Tucker is going to be starting preschool in the fall and I am sure our lives will be more scheduled and full here soon! Thanks Doug & Sadie for having us and letting us love on that little baby Jacob! :)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh what a cute little guy. Congrats to Doug and Sadie! Move over Buddy!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Don't worry about Tucker...Marcus is the same way! Hang in there.