Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines day weekend...

We celebrated Valentines day this year the entire weekend. One night we got together with a big group of our friends for a fun night of games and food. Some of our good friends are the owners of the Spokane Shock, Spokane's arena football team. We were able to all go to their practice field and have some good ol' fashion 'feats of strength' games. It was SO much fun! It had been a long time since I had done anything like this. Not that I could participate being 8 1/2 months pregnant, but it was just fun being there with good friends and good food! :)
We did participate in the M&M relay race, this was done as a couple...
Feb. 10 199
Then there was the three legged race, which we opted out of :)...
Feb. 10 234
Here is Karen, who won the prize for best fall of the night, flat on the ground! :)
Feb. 10 241
The boys foot race...
Ben is ready to win it! :)
Feb. 10 245
And the girls...
I didn't participate, for obvious reasons! :)
Feb. 10 249
Ben and I also decided to try our hand at the 'don't drop the balloon race'. Notice we are in last place here, and things didn't change by the end. :) I might look like I'm in pain, but I was really laughing!
Feb. 10 218
And my lovely friends, Meg, Sharlene and Laura...
Feb. 10 232
We won the prize at the end of the night for funniest couple... Imagine that! :)
The next night we went out to dinner. Valentines day isn't too romantic when you are 8 1/2 months pregnant, so we decided to do dinner with Eric & Sharlene! :) PF Changs is delicious no matter who you're with or what your celebrating, and of course, we had a great time with the Enloes! :)
Before we left for the night Tucker got a hold of my camera and we had a little photo shoot...
And for some reason we were in the room that was being transitioned from our office to the baby's room, that was a total mess. I'm not sure why! :)
Here is our little family of 3, soon to be 4!
Feb 10 006
And me and my little mini Valentine...
Feb 10 007
And on Sunday, the real Valentines day, I was officially 39 weeks and ready to get this little one out already! :)
Feb 10 070
All in all, Valentines day was a success this year! :) It may not have been the most romantic Valentines day we've ever had, but we sure had fun being together, and I guess that's what really matters, right! :) I'm guessing that it may be awhile before we get a chance to celebrate Valentines day properly! :) Life just keeps on getting busier and busier, and I'm sure this is just the beginning. :) But I wouldn't have it any other way! I don't need a lot anyway. Just get me some good chocolates, and I'm happy! :) (And being pregnant, I've been getting that stuff for myself regularly anyway!) :) But actually this year, Ben surprised me with a gift for Valentines day and got me a new netbook. I love it! Since we had to move our computer downstairs to make room for the baby, he got me this little netbook so I could get on line or do photo stuff up here if I need to. I love it! :) Thanks Babe!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

man, you are just pumping out these blogs, aren't ya? It's always good to get caught up!

jani said...

I sure hope the portrait of Kramer stayed in the baby's room... so she can have a strong male role model influence and all *grin*