Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swimming lessons...

In an effort to entertain Tucker while being 8 months pregnant, I enrolled him in swimming lessons at the Y. He loves the water, so I thought that he would love this. We had a season pass to Wild Waters last summer and he loved going. He also loves going in our Hot Tub and wants to go in it like every day. It took him a little longer to warm up to these swimming lessons. We did it with his friend, Carly. When we got there on the first day he didn't want to get in the water at all. Once he got in (because I had to force him) he was fine and wanted to come back for more. But on that first day he really didn't want to do it. I don't know if it is because he just forgot because it had been so long since we had been swimming or what. He also hates to go underwater. Maybe he thought that he would have to go underwater. Anyway, it was 6 weeks and he enjoyed it. I think it was kind of a waste of money. I think that he got more out of going to Wild Waters this summer. I'm not sure if I will put him in another YMCA swimming class. I feel like I could just teach him the things that his teacher 'taught' him just by going to the pool this summer. We will see! :) Oh, and don't tell Tucker this, but he also didn't pass the class! :) At the end of the session they get report cards, and his teacher wrote in it that he needed to work on going under water and that she suggested that he take the class again! :) We didn't tell Tucker that, no need to break a little guys heart! :)
Feb. 10 023
{Tucker and Carly in the pool}
Feb. 10 022
{Tucker learning to float on his back, notice his stiff body and the scared expression on his face!:) }
Feb. 10 090
{And the 'airplane' swim move, not sure what this is for...}

{My mom was in town during the last week of his lessons and you know that whenever she is in town there is an abundance of pictures taken!:)}

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hmm, I was debating on putting Keyton in our local swim classes this summer, but maybe I won't. He probably wouldn't pass either!