Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grandpa's visit...

Ben's dad flew home to Spokane with me and the kids after our two weeks in Alabama. It was nice having some help on the way back. The long trek across the country is tiresome when you're flying solo! :) My mother in law still had company at their house, so he came solo, with out her! We missed her, but still had fun with grandpa, while he was here. I secretly think it was because he couldn't get enough of little Taylor Rae. Seriously, I don't think a grandpa can love a little girl more than he loves her! :)
A few things we did while he was here:
The 24th of July celebration! Our stake has a huge 24th of July celebration honoring the pioneers, and we had never been. My father in law was in shock at how big of a festival it was, they certainly don't do anything like that down in Alabama. A wonderful pancake breakfast, and horse rides, and cart pulls and I forget everything else but seriously, like a TON of activities, and some people were even dressed up in pioneer garb! :) It was so much fun, it makes me sad I missed out on so many years of this celebration! :)
Anyway, here is Tucker at the horse ride, giving the peace sign! :) Like father, like son. He learns from the best! :)
041

039

We took grandpa up to Manito park one day for a picnic. The weather was beautiful and we had the best time just relaxing in the afternoon. The Pyper men...
042
And here is Taylor Rae, being her usual lady like self...
043
The reason we took grandpa to Manito is for him to see the Japanese gardens. He served a mission there like 40 years ago and I wanted to see what he thought about our Japanese gardens here in Spokane, Wa :)
060
All I had was my little point and shoot camera, so the pics aren't that great. bummer.
045
The boys went out for a nature walk and Taylor and I stayed behind and relaxed on the blanket. We had a little photo shoot.
048
I love that fat face! :)
056
Another day we went out to the bowl and pitcher. Spokane has the most beautiful parks! This is one of our favorite spots and we had to take grandpa there!
196

199
Tuck and gramps posing on a rock. This is who Ben and Tucker get their beautiful bronzed skin from! :) ha ha
202
I turned the camera on Taylor as I was walking. This is what I got! :)
207
Tuck and gramps just taking in the beauty! :)
220

223

238
Ben had to impress us with his ability to fight the current and get out in the middle of the river.
232

226
Then Tucker had to do some posing like his dad.
229
I'm not sure if you can see Ben all the way up there, or not, but he climbed the big rock. He wanted to do it last time we were there, but it was the winter time and too slippery, he was excited to finally be able to do it!
214
Grandpa winning the rock skipping contest. Feats of strength are always involved with Ben! :)
252

241
We also enjoyed a nice day at the lake with grandpa, and many delicious meals out and of course, lots of good shopping! Rick is like the best shopping partner, ever! He loves to go and it's so fun! :) Thanks for the good times, grandpa!
We had such a great time with you; and can't wait to see you in October! :) Come again, soon, ok!

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

I think it's awesome your FIL came home with you. And of course he is in love with Taylor Rae--who wouldn't be? She is seriously a doll. I am loving all your posts and am, as always, amazed at all the fun stuff you do! Can't wait to see you soon...