Friday, November 5, 2010

Campbell Family Reunion- Friday

This August we had a Campbell Family Reunion. It was so much fun! My dad has 2 brothers. Unfortunately one of them passed away my freshman year in college and we haven't all been together since his funeral in 1997. I have cousins who live in Alaska whom I haven't seen in YEARS! Last year just in passing I was talking to my other uncle about the fact that we all need to get together! My aunt (the wife of my late uncle) just recently moved down to Portland, along with some of her kids; and Portland is a lot closer than Alaska. It is a lot easier to plan a reunion when people are coming from closer distances.
Well, I sent out this mass e-mail to my aunts and uncles and cousins last summer about possibly getting together this summer for a reunion. NOT ONE PERSON RESPONDED! OK, I thought, I guess no one cares too much about getting together. That's fine, I won't worry about it!
Fast forward to April of this year. I am in Portland visiting my Aunt who lives there now and she asks me about our family reunion this summer, like when it is and where etc. etc. etc...
So my dad and I started planning. :) And it was so much fun! Everyone came up to Spokane. My cousin in Alaska and her three boys. My sister in Wisconsin and her husband. Everyone. I guess that's not entirely true, my little cousin in Milton-Freewater had to work and we missed her SO!! But it was great!
My dad really knows how to throw a great party!
We even made a sign for the back deck. :)
That is the food table, I wish I would have taken a picture of when it was full. We seriously ate the best food all weekend. :) Steak, Crab, burgers, Prawns, Ribs, Turkey, Potatoes, any kind of salad you can imagine and that's just the beginning! No one can ever walk away from one of my dad's meals hungry! :)
Campbell Family Reunion 10 004
My dad had shirts made for everyone, and put CAMPBELL on the back! :) So I made these little bags for everyone with their shirts in them and a copy of that beautiful picture of my grandparents. :) They both passed away when I was 12.
Campbell Family Reunion 10 005
The two that started it all:
Pic001
Here's the chef himself...
IMG_2851
mmm...mmm....good! :)
076
On Friday afternoon, as people started showing up, these two were excited to see this one! :)
100_3382
And then we ATE! :) Our favorite past time. Here are the two cooks, finally getting to eat their dinners! :) That is my cousin, Jr. You can see him this upcoming season on the 'The Deadliest Catch'! :) So exciting!
Campbell Family Reunion 10 007
The bebe's in the yard...
Campbell Family Reunion 10 008
Lots of playing with cousins. Keyton and Tucker were in Heaven with Trinidy and Givon as their playmates all weekend!
Campbell Family Reunion 10 001
Lots and lots of eating...
Campbell Family Reunion 10 006
more eating...
Campbell Family Reunion 10 040

Campbell Family Reunion 10 041
After dinner, we went down to the elementary school just down the street from my dad's house and played the first annual Campbell family kick ball game. It was so much fun!
100_3387

Campbell Family Reunion 10 009
And, being the party animals that we are, AFTER that we went back to my dad's house and watched a UFC match. I'm not really into watching two guys get the crap beat out of each other, but everyone else was, so I played along! :)
IMG_2871
Taylor had a good time! :)
Campbell Family Reunion 10 020
Joey & Trinidy...
IMG_2868
Scott & Lisa...
Campbell Family Reunion 10 139
Tucker & Kalen. Tucker loves Kalan! :) (although you can't tell from this picture)
IMG_2879
Uncle Scott got stuck with the dirty work! :)
Campbell Family Reunion 10 145
It was so much fun just being all together! Stay tuned for our Saturday & Sunday events! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how your uncle wears his apron! It probably works as well as the one I don't use! Looks like so much fun!!

Kelli said...

It was lots of fun, we'll have to make sure we do it every couple of years!