Friday, November 26, 2010

edvalson family...

My moms side of the family had a little get together in August, as well! August was the month of family get togethers! :) Actually, my cousin arranged this little picnic because him and his wife would be in Washington State for a few weeks (they live in Albany, NY-but actually are currently living in Guatemala for the school year while he finishes up his PhD. Sufficeth to say, they are always far far away! Anyway...) so he arranged this extended family get together since it had been a while since we had all been together. We met in the town where my grandparents live and where my grandpa is in a nursing home. It was so great! An aunt and uncle came from Portland, some came from Moses Lake, some from Port Townsend, and some were up from Utah. Kayla was here from Wisconsin and of course, we came from Spokane. It totally reminded me of our picnics in the park from when I was little with all of my cousins. And now all of our children got to play baseball together, swing on the swings together and play in the creek together, catching water skippers! :) I have so many fun childhood memories of me and my cousins doing this together! :)
Here is a group shot with everybody who was there:
crop1_DSC3342
{And this isn't even all of us!}
My mom and 2 of her sisters:
048
The big hit for the kids was this rope climbing ball thing:
026
He has such a serious face when he is concentrating! :) I love it!
020
My beautiful cousin Alicia and her daughter Janell:
085
My cousins Brian and Josett. Josett is just a gymnast, but Brian is a Yoga instructor and even went to Indonesia somewhere to learn and practice! Either way, I was impressed with both of them! :)
154
Tucker and his (2nd) cousin, Jackson always have a good time together.
102
Taylor found a new friend in Josh! :) He was so sweet with her! :)
109
The two preggers. Both due in February. Both having girls! :) yipee! Our family needs some more girls, right!? :)
163
Baby Janell...
181
Tuck...
182
All of the first cousins (that were there) with grandma...
170
{we were even missing 11 of the cousins!}
My grandma has some hidden talents... :)
177
{please don't hate me grandma for posting this picture of you on the internet for all the world to see.} :)
And this is my cousin John, the instigator of this whole event, and Becky and their little girl Lucy. And my cousin Alicia and Josh and their little guy Jackson. (Ben couldn't make it.) :(
I love these guys!
196
Alicia and I with our bebe's...
{During this picture we realized that the joining of our daughters names: Janell & Taylor makes the name of my beautiful aunt (Alicia's mom) who passed away a few years ago. Her name was Janell Taylor! She was totally there in spirit with us that day!} :)
201
We all went over in shifts to see my grandpa in the nursing home. Here is Taters with her Great Grandma & Great Grandpa!
220
It was so great to see everyone who could make it! We REALLY missed those who weren't there!
I am so lucky to have such a great family!
And then on the way home my bumper fell off the front of my car and it was a grand ride home! :)

1 comment:

Emily Taylor said...

I look at your blog and think, wow, I need to bump up the excitement in my life. You always seem to have so many fun things going on. I suppose I can try to live vicariously through you. Love all the pictures.