Monday, November 8, 2010

lately...

Here it is November and I am still updating from August! I swear, I am never going to catch up! We are always just so busy around here, I don't know how women do it with more than two children! I feel like I can barely keep up with two! Anyway, since I have been posting about older stuff, I wanted to post some current pictures of the two main people in my life right now! :) (Sorry Ben, unfortunately that doesn't include you!) :) ha ha!
Here is the T man. He is currently in Pre-school once a week and loves it! ( I will post more about that later!) He is so smart! I seriously don't know where this child came from. He doesn't miss a beat! I really have to watch my mouth around him (not that I have a potty mouth or anything; but, ya know...) He repeats things and remembers things that amaze me! He is really into playing with his Trio blocks right now, loves them! I love listening to him play and create things. He has such a great imagination. He is starting to sound out and spell 2 and 3 letter words and is awesome and figuring out what Ben and I are spelling to each other! :) It will be sad when we can't do that anymore. (But we always have Spanish!) :) But I am really wanting to start teaching him that, too! We will see! :)
001
{the TUCKER train}
He is really into 'boy stuff' and definitely does NOT like 'girl stuff'. He, of course, has been thinking about birthday presents lately (can't believe that he will be 4 in a few weeks!) and always tells me what he wants after every commercial he see's. After the girly ones, he makes sure to tell me he DOES NOT WANT THAT. Because it is girly, and he does NOT like girly stuff. When him and his dad are playing together, I am not allowed because they are having 'boy time'.
His pre-school teacher, who is my good friend, told me that they were reading the book 'what dads can't do' the other day and after they finished, Tucker wanted to say what his dad can't do. And he was so excited, so she let him have a turn and he said 'My dad can't grow hair!' :) Isn't that so funny!
He had his friend Garrett over the other day and we have one of those big posters of Kramer hanging on our wall in the basement. (it used to be in our office, but got moved when we shuffled rooms to make room for Taylor) Garrett asked Tucker who it was and Tucker, totally nonchalantly said, 'oh that's Jerry Johnson' and kept on playing. I just looked at him and started laughing. I have no idea who Jerry Johnson is or where he got that name! It was hilarious! (maybe you had to be there!)
The other morning we were eating breakfast and Tucker wanted to eat his cereal out on our green table (it's our coffee table, but it's green, so he calls it our green table) and I told him no, not today. He looked at me and smiled and said, ' I will give you one of my quarters if you let me eat at the green table.' I can't believe he is already trying to bribe me! What the heck? I am in control around here, I swear!!! :)
And he is already starting to notice girls! He was spider man for Halloween ( I will post more about that, too!) The next day after trick or treating, he said to me proudly, 'All the girls called me spidey last night mom, they thought I was so cool!' Really? It starts this young with being proud for impressing the girls! :) Although Ben and I tease him about his friends that are girls and he always assures us that he DOES NOT think that they are pretty! :)

Now, on to this girly girl! She is so funny! I can't believe that she is already almost 9 months! (next week) She is so so so funny! I just love her!
It's really weird, her hair is growing so fast! :)
I do not know where we got this wig, but we tortured her for hours putting it on her and laughing hysterically! It entertained us for hours, and we laughed every time like it was the first time we saw it!! :)
008
Seriously, look at that face! :) And that is a beautiful bow I made at Super Saturday, don't be jealous! :) She is eating like a champ, like I knew she would. My children are super eaters! She just loves to be held, and is getting to the stage where she just jabbers and jabbers. I love it! She doesn't seem to have any desire to crawl yet. :) My children also don't like to use those big ol' legs 'til they absolutely have to! :) She really spends most of her days being either tortured or loved on too much by her big brother. But it is so sweet to watch them together, I love it. Tucker takes care of her, and sometimes without me even asking will comfort her and sing to her or tell her stories.
As for Ben and I, we are just doing the same 'ol, same 'ol. Spending more time in the hot tub, now that it is getting colder, and loving Redbox, and just trying to stay sane with these two little ones! I have been super busy with pictures, which is so great! And Ben is still busy at work, which is so great! So we can't complain! Life is good! :)
This is also entertaining us right now: (actually it has been for the past 2 months!) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

Sorry about this long long long post. If you're still with me, thanks! :) Now I will return to August and spend the rest of my life catching up this stupid blog! :)

4 comments:

Emily Taylor said...

Pure awesomeness. Love the wig. I just laughed so hard.

To answer your question, we are in Dallas until March and then we are off to another city. Not sure where yet, but we should find out in a couple of months.

jani said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! That wig is hilarious! Pure awesomeness. And then the you-tube video... I'd never seen the original, apparently I've been living under a rock! I've got to go now... Nathan says he needs to hide me and the kids.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Taylor is so cute!! I seriously cannot resist those cheeks!! Plan on my coming to visit in March for sure!! Love you guys!!

Kelli said...

Hahaha, Taylor looks amazing! Just like a movie star!