Sunday, May 6, 2012

best dessert ever...

I got this recipe off a friends blog and I knew I had to try it. Ben was gone awhile ago to Seattle for the weekend (it's no fun to make desserts with him around, he won't eat them!) So I decided to give it a whirl! It is definitely a new favorite, but watch out, it makes a TON; We munched on it all weekend!

016




SNICKER SALAD 
(tastes like a yummy carmel apple with nuts and chocolate)


Ingredients:
Cool whip
one package of instant vanilla pudding (small box)
one cup of milk
Snickers (frozen or cold - easier to chop)
green apples (tart, with a little sweet and lots of juicy)


1.Add instant pudding into mixing bowl and pour in 1 Cup cold milk. Mix well and let chill while chopping candy.


2.Chop Snickers bars into bite size pieces (I usually use about 2 bags of mini sickers or more - I like A LOT or about 10-15 king size). I have added Milky way bars and Rolos in with the Snickers before or you can omit the Snickers and just add Rolos and Milky Way bars if there is a peanut allergy.


3.Chop green apples into bite sized pieces (I use about 8-10)


4.Fold in one 8 ounce container of Cool Whip (or more if you think it needs more. I usually buy the 16 ounce container just in case) into the pudding.


5.Combine candy and apples in bowl with pudding mixture.


6. ENJOY!! Be sure and control yourself or you might just eat the whole bowl yourself!

3 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Oh gosh that sounds delicious. I better stay away from that one...can't control myself:)

Angie C. said...

My aunt makes this salad...It is sooo good!! You can't go wrong with Snickers :) We can't wait to see you guys!!

Dominick said...

I like your best dessert item very much and thanks a lot for your amazing blog. I can feel this that you are a good cooker and you can make all the dessert perfectly. But I love baklava dessert could you please tell me from where I can baklava order because I don't have any idea where to buy this kind of special dessert.