Tuesday, May 22, 2012

i love this time of year...

It is finally FINALLY starting to warm up. It is still hit and miss, like this week is cloudy and rainy, but we have had a few good days here and there. Of course, we head outside as often as we can during this time, not knowing how long it will last. 
It looks like we might have a future golfer on our hands. Tucker has been really interested in golfing and learning how to golf lately. I think it's because he got a golf set from his Grandma & Grandpa in Alabama for Christmas this year. He is finally getting to use it! Good thing his daddy is a golfer and can help him out with his swing, because I sure as heck don't know what I'm doing!
010
I'm really going to miss this house for a lot of reasons, and one of them for sure is the beautiful Spring flowers. Every April and May my backyard is beautiful!
016

014

019
After our little photo shoot in the flowers, Taylor found this old plastic owl I got to keep the crows out of my garden box a few years ago. (She also found an old coat and hat of Tuckers that had been out on the back porch since the cold weather) She looked like a little homeless child rocking and singing to the owl. Silly girl!
021
But you know it's been a good day outside when you come in and your face looks like this:
040
The first spring we lived here I wouldn't let anyone touch the flowers, because they were too beautiful. Then I learned how quickly they go and it is such a waste if you don't get to enjoy them, so I try now to make as many bouquets as I can during these two months, to keep and to give away.
Here are just a few of ours from this year...
bailey and justin 015

024
Taylor's Bouquet:
008
A Bouquet for Teacher Barbara...
006

003

002
Happy Spring!!!

No comments: