Sunday, February 3, 2013

Other December happenings...

Ben works with the Young Men in our branch and they have recently started the Scouting program in the branch. Because of this, they are pretty gung-ho about everything scouting related right now. I guess somewhere in the handbook it says that they need to do monthly camp outs. Why anyone would want to go camping in Spokane, WA in December is beyond me. Or November, or October for that matter, but that is exactly what they have done. I think they are crazy. But that leaves me at home one night a month with the kiddys.
We took advantage of it this month and decided to make daddy his Christmas presents. The one treat that Ben has allowed himself over these years of eating healthy and weight loss is sugar cereal. It is is one allowance. He has a huge bowl every night  So, I was going to have the kids make him a big cereal bowl with their hand prints on it. Plans changed as soon as we entered the pottery place. They each wanted to make their own thing for him.
Taylor picked out a little monkey that she lovingly painted pink:
IMG_2180
And Tucker a green and blue football:
IMG_2182
Not as useful as a big cereal bowl, but from the kids, so I was sure Ben would love them!
I thought this was too cute to pass up getting a picture of. We were eating dinner at my dads house with some good friends and Taylor just fell asleep in Trent's arms. She has a thing for high-school boys! :)
IMG_2187
Some snow fell and Taylor had to go out and play while Tucker was at school one day:
IMG_8018
The poor thing was all by herself out there, mommy is such a dud these days! :)
IMG_8019
While at some friends house one night, Tucker lost one of his front teeth! The other one was super wiggly, so I knew that we would have a toothless boy at Christmas time and he was excited he would get to sing, 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth' at Christmas and so was I! :)
146
Barely enough snow, but they still had to make a snowman one day:
IMG_2238
Sure enough, a week or so later, the other front tooth popped out, and he now has a cute toothless grin. :)
I am learning that I am very squeamish when it comes to teeth and the pulling and losing of them. The thought of it kind of grosses me out. Ben helped him get both of them out, when they were ready. 
IMG_8037
I sure love this boy, though!
Now, on to the fun part of the month, celebrating Christmas, and then I'm almost caught up! 
Woo-Hoo!!! :)

No comments: