Friday, February 1, 2013

The Decor...

We usually go out and get our Christmas tree the weekend of Thanksgiving, but with our Leavenworth trip this year, we didn't get to it until the first weekend in December. I love decorating for Christmas and having the Christmas tree in our house. We ALWAYS get a real one, and probably always will. There is just something about a real actual Christmas tree that can't be beat. (Although I could do without all of the needles everywhere!) We have done everything from cutting down our own tree, to small little rustic lots, to Fred Meyer, to the lots in parking lots and this year we decided to just go to Lowes. It was fast and easy. :) It came all wrapped up though, so we had to let it sit out and fluff out for a night.
M&K Wedding 1479
I had given the kids their Christmas jammies that night thinking we would decorate the Christmas tree, and even when we didn't decorate the tree that night, they still wanted to wear their new Christmas jammies. It's tradition! :) Not sure why I forgot to include Tucker in the pic. Oops!
M&K Wedding 1488
We decorated the next night when Ben got home from work. Here are my little helpers hard at work:
M&K Wedding 1495
They were both taking their job decorating the tree very seriously! :)
M&K Wedding 1500
This year I thought I would take some pictures of my favorite tree ornaments. We have many. My mom gets us each our own ornament every year and Ben's mom gets one for the kids every year. They are usually fun and wacky. I have a few that I have also picked up over the years.
Our 'Feliz Navidad' guitar from Mexico: (Purchased on our honeymoon)
M&K Wedding 1508
I made this sand dollar 'Holly berry' ornament years ago at a Relief Society activity, I think and for some reason, I just love it. I always get really happy when I pull it out each year. Maybe because it sparkles? Maybe because it is a perfect sand dollar without a blemish and I think that is beautiful about it? I don't know. But I love it!
M&K Wedding 1510
This is my 4th grade picture in an ornament that I think I made in the 4th grade! Oh boy, was I a looker! :) And yes, it is right next to my Harry Potter ornament that I also love! :)
M&K Wedding 1511
An ornament that Ben and I got as a wedding gift in Alabama from a member of the ward that he grew up in. It says: 'Tarada & Ben 2003' It makes me smile every time I pull it out! :)
M&K Wedding 1515
And my little Nursery boy! Oh man how I miss that little fella! :) When did he get so big???
M&K Wedding 1513
A beautiful porcelain Santa that I my mother in law gave me one of the first Christmases we were married. It totally reminds me of her and the decorations in her house, and I just love it!
M&K Wedding 1516
There are many more that I love, but lastly another one from my mother in law, a little tin snow man. I think I love it because it reminds me of shopping with her and my sisters in law down in Alabama in the after Christmas sales that we usually hit up every year. I will be sad to miss out on that tradition this year, as we are not going down this year. Can't say I'm sad about not traveling during the Holiday's but SUPER sad to miss out on Christmas in Alabama with the Pypers, and super sad about missing out on seeing everyone.
M&K Wedding 1527
Oh wait, one more. The olive wood nativity ornament I got in Jerusalem when I studied there for a semester 14  years ago! Can't believe it's been that long!!!
M&K Wedding 1521
Love our little tree, and our little house all decked out for the holiday's!
M&K Wedding 1523

IMG_8023

IMG_8026

M&K Wedding 1529

M&K Wedding 1535

M&K Wedding 1534
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! :)
M&K Wedding 1541

1 comment:

Emily Taylor said...

Loved seeing all your sentimental ornaments. That is my favorite part of decorating.