Friday, February 22, 2013

The day of LOVE!

The day of love was so LOVE-rly. I love these smallish holiday's where we don't have to go crazy with activities and food and decor and can just celebrate the ones we LOVE the most.
We did decorate a little bit. Had to. I can't help it! I made this picture banner of the ones I love the most. I actually found the cute little heart clips in the dollar section at Target and wanted to use them somehow, then I found some red yarn I had that I had forgotten about, and vioala- a picture banner was made!
IMG_2388

IMG_2389
Of course, class and friend Valentines were made. I didn't want to go the commercial route, so I made these You 'blow' me away Valentine cards, and attached them to some cute bubbles also found in the dollar section at Target! :) Thank goodness for the dollar section at Target-It's my fave! And then I had Tucker sign his name to each one and decorate them if he wanted to, and they were done. Super easy!
IMG_8953
We also spent the few days leading up to Valentines day making cards for daddy and grandparents. Here is what Ben got when he woke up on Valentines day:
IMG_2382
A slew of homemade cards and paintings and some reasons why we LOVE him!
I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the cards we sent to the grandparents before we sent them all out, but they were so cute, we cut out a handprint of the kids and then I glued their picture behind it on a card and so the hand came down like it was blowing a kiss. And it said, 'Blowing lots of kisses your way!' I got the idea on Pinterest, and they turned out so cute. Then the kids decorated them!
I made the kids a special V-day breakfast of a cut out heart in their toast:
IMG_2380
Notice the chocolates got eaten BEFORE the eggs & toast. I guess the order is: Bacon, Chocolate, Eggs and then if they have room, the toast. :)
I actually hopped in the shower real fast after breakfast and when I got out, the house looked like this; the chocolate boxes opened and half eaten. (Chocolate boxes left for us from daddy when he left for work.)
IMG_2384
Then some more opened and half eaten chocolate boxes on the couch. (Papa had come over and given us even MORE chocolate!)
IMG_2385
And this girl in her room with chocolate on her face. hmmm....
IMG_2386
We had a wonderful day though! Tucker's class had a Valentines day party that I helped with. Here are him and his BFF, Irelynd. (Yes, sadly, he's moved on from Brooklyn!)
IMG_2397
Taylor was happy to participate in all the fun things the class got to do:
IMG_2398
They had different rotations with activities and treats at each one, and Taylor LOVED being a big girl with her brother in his group:
IMG_2394
And then I got busy for a few minutes helping some kids with some stuff, and I found that Taylor had made herself at home in the corner reading area. Shoes off and all!
IMG_2396
Ben kept on telling me that he had Young Men's that night. Which is what he usually does every Thursday night. I had a night full of heart shaped pizza's and making cookies with the kids planned because I thought we'd be flying solo. But! That morning when I got my V-day card from Ben, he told me to meet him downtown and that he had arranged my dad to watch Tucker and my good friend Katrina to watch Taylor for the night! It was absolutely perfect! :) What a wonderful husband I have! We ate some good food, cozied up in our hotel room, watched a movie and got a GREAT night's sleep! It was exactly what we needed and a perfect evening! :)
IMG_2401
I had to get a picture of this, Ben packed his stuff for the night in a BOX! Who packs in a box for one night at a hotel? I was dying laughing! :) Only Ben! We have thousands of bags here at our house, easily accessible. But he chose a box! :) My funny Valentine!
IMG_2402
It was definitely a perfect way to celebrate our LOVE and there sure are a lot of wonderful people in our lives whom we LOVE!

No comments: