Thursday, May 16, 2013

End of the school year already?

End of the year festivities are upon us, and Tucker is enjoying every second of it. (There is still a month left, but it's getting close!) Today was the fun-run, which I didn't go to because of the whole 8 1/2 months pregnant thing. I just didn't feel like it, and I thought I had a pretty good excuse! :) Luckily Tucker still got to go with his BFF, Irelynd. He came home tonight and told me he got 10th place and was so excited, I asked him how he knew he got 10th place, and if it was out of just his class, or grade, or whole school or what, and he said, 'Oh, Irelynd just told me she counted 10 people in front of me out of everyone!!!' So, we were still a little unsure about how everything went down, but he had a great time, and is currently sleeping like a log, so I'm not complaining! :) Because I didn't go, I have no pics of the fun run, but a few weeks ago we had the school carnival. It was a lot of fun! Of course, Tucker & Irelynd were joined at the hip the whole time.
Here they are in line for a game:
IMAG0234
I was following them around as closely as I could, just to keep an eye on them, and I heard Irelynd tell Tucker that she wanted a soda, so Tucker went right over to the ring toss where they had the soda's as the pegs you had to get the rings around and you won a soda if you got it, and Tucker tried until he won her a soda! :) Quite the gentleman! :)
Taylor and her daddy playing a game...
IMAG0245
The girls' got some emotion!
She was a bit excited when she got a bullseye...
IMAG0249
After some games, we got to go outside to have some Franks Franks. It was my first time and it was delicious! Franks Franks is a little hot dog stand here in the Valley that claims Authentic New York City Hot dogs sold right here in little ol' Spokane Valley. I've always wanted to try one to see if they were really that good. And they are!! I was kind of shocked because they LOOK just like your run of the mill ordinary hot dog. But I'd for sure go back!
It was a beautiful evening!
IMAG0250
Lots more games played, cake walks walked, bouncy houses jumped in, cotton candy eaten and finally it was time to end the night. We ended with getting our faces painted.
Tucker got a green mask, and as you can see was very serious about it:
IMAG0254
And Taylor got a kitty cat, and as you can see below, was very pleased with it! :)
IMAG0252
{Taylor's picking out her own outfits these days!} :)
IMAG0253
I love McDonald Elementary! I am going to be sad that Tucker isn't going here next year, although I'm excited about Sunrise, I've heard nothing but good things about that school, too. I am just glad that Tucker has had a good, fun and enjoyable experience so far in school, and that he has learned so much. He comes home every day with new information or facts about things, he is just a little sponge absorbing so much right now, it's a fun stage! 

No comments: