Friday, May 24, 2013

I am a mother...

I found out yesterday that my dear sweet grandmother passed away. She was such a great example of love and service and dedication. I got a birthday card from her every year of my life up to last year. As did my children, every year of their lives up to last year. My grandfather passed away almost exactly a year ago, and she has been struggling with health problems ever since. I am glad her pain and suffering weren't very long and that she is reunited with her husband and three of her children. (although I am sad to have her gone!)
I was writing this post about mothers day and thought it a perfect time to mention how much I loved my grandmother and always will! I am so grateful for the years of love and support that I had with her.

ElmerGlen 001
This was one of the last times I saw my grandmother, last October. We went to Greenbluff to pick pumpkins and I am grateful we took this four generation photo. She came up later in December to have surgery to remove her ovaries (Ovarian Cancer) and I was only able to see her a few times in the hospital then, and didn't get any pictures, I should have!189
I love you Grandma (GG as my kids called her) and will miss you dearly!

I am also grateful that I am able to be a mother. Although it is hands down the most challenging thing I have ever done, it is also the most rewarding. I love the fun and silliness that we have together, and I am so grateful for a hard working husband to take care of us, so that I can be at home with these little people and make sure that I am the one raising them. (scary thought!) :)
They are sweet, funny and smart smart little people and I love them so very much!
After church we had a little photo shoot. 
IMG_2613
Woah, Tucker making me show some leg there, sorry! :)
IMG_2615
Me and my little man...
IMG_2616
And me and the little lady...
IMG_2618
I am also grateful for my own wonderful mother who always taught me to have fun, laugh and enjoy life, and who always put her children first and loved us and encouraged us and supported us in everything! IMG_2258
 I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Such a sweet post! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer on Christmas day 1982. Still miss her everyday, and especially on Mother's Day & other holidays. Love~Love~Love the last photo, of you, your mom and sweet little girl. Precious!!