Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gma Kelly's March visit...

My mom came up to visit us in March, of course. Because she can't get enough of us up here! :) She was actually supposed to come up for a surgery. Since my grandmother just died of Ovarian Cancer, her and her two sisters were advised to have theirs removed, my grandmother's sister also died of Ovarian Cancer years ago. They said hers were fine, but that just out of precaution, to get them removed. Long story short, insurance wouldn't pay for it because it was an elective surgery, so she had to cancel the surgery (or pay like $10,000 out of pocket) and she's going to have to go and either add it to her insurance and then wait the allotted time or just have yearly checkups until it is 'advised'. Anyway, she already told my kids that she would be here for the weekend, so she decided to come up anyway. We were on a mission to find this boy a jumpy toy to get those legs moving, the ones I had he didn't like, so I sold them and was on a mission to find a good one. They are surprisingly hard to find! Target didn't have any, Walmart didn't have many good ones. But we finally found one! :) And, of course, grandma found some other little trinkets along the way:
I don't think he liked his new sunglasses! :)  Note that beautiful blue sky! It's finally starting to warm up a bit around here...yay!!! :)
It WAS March, so, of course, there was a lot of basketball watching....
We went to FroYo and Jackson was happy that grandma fed him as much of the stuff as he wanted:

Our branch is so fun, we are always having activities and dinners and dances. We had a branch dinner and dance while she was here, and my mom was SO excited. Anyone who knows her knows that those types of things are right up her alley. Especially in our Spanish Branch that she loves dearly! :) I think she was more excited about it than we were! :)
Of course, she was snapping away the whole night... Don't mind that white girl out there with all of the amazing Latina dancers...I just made sure I had a kid in my arms the whole night so I didn't feel so awkward! :)
It was a combined dance with the other Spanish branch (our old one, down town) So President and Sister Condon were there, and we were So very happy to see them! He held on to Jackson all night! It was way cute! He must have been missing his grandkids or something! :)
Jackson enjoyed it, so I was happy!
Grandma did have to steal him away from President Condon eventually...
Then my friend Yulissa grabbed my mom and Jackson out into the middle of the dance circle. It was hilarious! Everyone kept on telling my mom that she should just have her records transferred up to our branch and come up here every weekend so we could put her to work! :)

Taylor helping the Sister Missionaries washing the dishes and cleaning up...

It was a fun night and a fun weekend with grandma here! Usually when she's here we have parties to plan or visitors to entertain, but we were able to just hang out and enjoy grandma and it was so fun!! :) We are so lucky!

No comments: