Monday, April 14, 2014

Jackson...

Words can not describe how much I love this little man. He seriously is the best! He is happy and snugly and cute and I seriously put his cheek in my mouth at least once a day to take a little nibble, I just want to eat him up so much!
This was his favorite seat in the house up until a few days ago, when I put it away forever. He has been sitting on his own for a long time, I just liked having him so close, and since he isn't too much of a mover (no shock there, more on that later...) I could put him in as much as I wanted. But, I think it's for the better, that he move on to bigger and better things. He is now officially in a high chair to eat all of his meals.
Oh, here he is in a bumbo again! :) And we recently discovered that he is happy forever in his bumbo as long as he has a vegetable in his hands. We tried many a toy, and the vegetable did the trick and it lasted the longest! :) Bless you Celery stick! :)
Oh, and he loves to talk (no shock there either) and will just chat and chat to his veggies...
And here is Jackson's camera phone portrait from my new sucky camera phone:
Playdate with his two buddies, Crosby and Jack. These boys. It was accidental after Jack's big sister's birthday party, and we're missing George, their 4th band member, but these boys sure are cute, and are getting so big. I love that we will have photos of them together in every stage of their baby hood. (Although most all of them are crawling and pulling themselves up at this point...)
Speaking of crawling, this is what happens when Jackson is on his tummy for even 2 seconds...
I guess I should have been more diligent when he was littler, because now he just immediately gives up and puts his head down like this and cries:
Like there is no movement whatsoever!
Put him on his back like this though, and then you're getting somewhere! :)
I didn't think I should worry about it until I took him in last month to his 9 month appointment where they told me that they wanted me to take him to baby physical therapy! Yes, my 10 month old son goes to physical therapy. I joke about it, because I'm still not too concerned, given the history of my other two children, but deep down I do hope that he starts using those legs soon, so I really don't have to start worrying! I'm not so much concerned about the crawling, but there was no rolling, or even getting up on his knees. I did tell the doctor that I may have been encouraging his immobility, because it is really nice having a baby who will stay in one place and I can get things done. And I wasn't super diligent about the tummy time, thinking that it will come when he's ready. Anyway, since then, I've been better about getting him tummy time, and he's started rolling over like a champ. And he kicks his legs and uses them, just doesn't put any weight on them. He still isn't so good at that, but he's getting better. The physical therapist came to our house last week for his assessment, and she said that his muscles are weak because he doesn't use them, but that she isn't concerned that he has like weak muscle mass or anything, but that I just have to start doing daily exercises with him, and she is going to come to our house once a week until he is where he needs to be. She doesn't think it will take too long, and I really hope it doesn't either! She also told me that it just could be part of his personality because he is seriously so chill. He doesn't care about things too much, so if things aren't within reach, who needs it! :) My poor lazy baby. She told me that he was pretty small compared to most babies she sees, so it wasn't his size, which I was surprised at. At his 9 month appointment he was 20 lbs. and 3 oz. and 28 inches long! He is SO long!!! I was kind of in shock! But he sure is a happy sweet little thing. She also said that his social skills and talking was right on, and he was right where he needed to be, we just need to get him using those legs! And I've never seen anything like it, but seriously, whenever I try and put him on his legs, he lifts them right off the ground! (And I thought that Tucker & Taylor were bad!!!) 
At least he's rolling now and so my heart is a little lightened, thinking that he is fine, and just needs a bit more time for the rest to come!!!
Since he isn't moving yet, we thought we'd just put him in the oven and eat him right up!! :)
He is the sweetest boy! Those big blue eyes are just the best. Here he was during Taylor's gymnastics one night, and he was so tired, but he doesn't complain, just hangs out looking around!
Baby selfie! I don't even remember taking this, but just saw it on my camera roll. Must have been early early in the morning. My worst hours! :) He actually is a champion sleeper, but was teething there for awhile and had some rough nights!
Oh, and just chatting away with the fork in his hand. He loves to talk, just like his brother and sister, oh and his mom and dad, oh and his grandma and grandpa for that matter...hmmm....looks like my kids have no hope! :) I love how excited he gets when he talks to the objects in his hands! :)
I sure love this 10 month old of mine!!! I CAN NOT believe it has been 10 months already!

No comments: