Thursday, April 17, 2014

In like a Lion, out like a Lamb...

March was a fun month for us. Still totally cold, but I taught my kids that saying about March coming in like a Lion and going out like a lamb, so every time the weather was bad, they made jokes about the Lion weather. One day in particular, it was totally nice and sunny then instantly it started hailing. And not just a little bit, but like my van was swerving from so much hail on the road! It was crazy, my kids thought it was pretty cool. I was dropping off Tucker at the church to meet up with some friends to watch the pinewood derby, and as soon as we got home, Taylor wanted to go jump on the trampoline in it! She's a crazy woman!



Typical mornings at our house, the kids not listening and taking FOR-EVER to get ready! Especially on Sunday's. Love my cute boys:
Luckily, once the hassle is done, they sure are CUTE! :)

I have never made freezer jam, and my dad and Kathryn were dying to teach me. OK, maybe I was dying to have them teach me. My dad kind of went crazy buying the berries at Costco one day (he does that from time to time) so we thought it would be a great time to make some. We made Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry and Huckleberry and combinations of all of them.
Lots o' Sugar..... YUM!
Our finished batches. We had so much that we ran out of jars, we had to start using Tupperware containers, which is fine for freezer jam, luckily! :)
I've never really done too much about St. Patricks day, but this year I thought it would be fun to do something a little fun. Nothing major. I saw somewhere an idea where you put green paint on the outside of a closed fist and make a 'footprint' out of it and then dye the toilet water green and it looks like the Leprachaun went pee in the toilet. So I did this before I went to bed the night before:
Added some green confetti and viola. :) The kids thought it was pretty cool at first. Taylor was the first to go in and use the bathroom and was so excited that the 'clover' had come to visit. I kept on telling her all day that it was the Leprechaun, but she kept on calling him a clover. Anyway...after we ate breakfast and got ready, I sent them in to brush their teeth and they refused to go back in. Taylor just looked at me in fear and shook her head and finally said, 'do you think the clover is still in there?' and Tucker said, 'I'm kinda freaking out....I don't want to go in there.' So it looks like there will be no leprechaun traps at our house ever, I guess they are the only kids on the planet who DON'T like leprechauns.
I was going to make a big green dinner, but got busy and so homemade pizza instead. We added some spinach for St. Patrick's day! :)
Taylor at one of Tucker's basketball games:
And Jaxey, such a sweet happy little man:
Also, I won this cute little embroidery hoop!! I couldn't believe it, I was so excited. It was actually for Valentines day, but I loved the yellow so much, I kept it up for spring decor, too! My friend Natalie, over at Natalie's Sentiments sent it to me! She has such a fun blog about mommyhood, and is always having giveaways, and actually I've won three of her giveaways. Like over the last 5 or 6 years or so, but THREE!!! I can't believe it, and she has such great taste, I know that whatever I get from her is going to be rad! Thanks Natalie!
While I try and decorate my house cute, to be honest, most of the time, it looks like this:
That's why I have to clean the stupid thing 30 times a day!
And if you ever wonder how I feel about it:
Glad Tucker caught that on camera! :)
OK, no one else might appreciate this but me, but I thought that this was awesome. A few weeks ago I was in our church building, and these two posters were hanging next to each other:


This is the difference between asking women and men to advertise for an upcoming event. I thought it was awesome. Does anyone else appreciate this as much as I do? One of my good friends, Marianne who is so talented,  designed and painted the Women's broadcast poster, which I think is beautiful, and I know that it probably took at least a few hours to get it complete and that beautiful! The boys on the other hand, slap down a poster board and do their best bubble lettering and done. Hilarious! :) It really doesn't take much to entertain me. :) Now bring on these April Showers so we can get onto summer already! :)

No comments: