Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Home again Home again jiggity jig...

Luckily the drive home was pretty un-eventful. Just L.O.N.G. We had to stop every hour or so for one reason or another. 5 bladders in one car is not very forgiving! Add to that the need to eat, play and get some pent up energy out, and it makes for a long day! :) Tucker had gotten so excited that morning to do one last swim in the pool before we left, he jumped in in his only clean shirt left. I tried to find a dirty one in our dirty clothes bag, but they were all either wet or too gross to put back on. So, he was shirtless for the first part of the trip and our first stop had to be to find him a shirt. Clearance at Fred Meyer right off the free way was perfect.
Add to that more stops to McDonald's than I would ever like to admit:
Driving by the beautiful Mt. Hood. This picture does NOT do it justice at all. Stupid Camera phone!
And, we can't go to Portland or through Portland without stopping at Multnoma Falls. This has been family tradition since before I can remember. This time around Taylor and Jackson were both asleep in the back, so just me and Tucker hopped out real quick. And the upper bridge was closed for repair, so we had a quick jaunt out to snap some photos.
So beautiful and so many fun family memories here. I hope I can build some with my own kids!



Kathryn had never seen the Tri-Cities temple, and I think it's so beautiful, I wanted to take her by. We were so close to being home at this point, but had to stop for dinner anyway. After a quick stop at this beautiful place:
(How come the Colombia River temple is so much more beautiful than the Spokane Temple???)
And a quick dinner at Costa Vida, we were on our way. 9 hours later, we were home! We had survived. I only drove on the wrong side of the road twice, hit the rumble strips a handful of times, and had to turn back to yell at my kids at least less than 50 times. (It really is a miracle we survived) And Kathryn still likes us even after spending 18 hours in the car, and 4 whole days together, I think that right there is an accomplishment! :)
It felt good to be home!

1 comment:

Angie C. said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! We would love to go back and see the lady :) Maybe next time!! I have never really explored Oregon at all... It would be fun!