Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Alabama bound...

After Grandma Kelly's birthday celebration, we headed to Bama! Our yearly summer trip was about to begin! We didn't think that Ben was going to be able to come, so, like usual, I packed up and did EVERYTHING myself only to have Ben show up AT THE AIRPORT to surprise us! He told me that he was busy at work and wouldn't be able to make it this summer, so I asked my dad to take us to the airport. I checked us in, and the lady asked me about our other person in our party, Ben Pyper. I told her that he wasn't coming, and that maybe he originally purchased himself a ticket, but that I'm sure that he cancelled it because he wasn't able to come. I was still totally clueless. So, she told me that I should call him to make sure that he really wasn't coming because it looked like he was already checked in. So, I called him and I told him what the lady said and he assured me that he wasn't coming. I was waiting for him to come out any minute, and he wasn't and he wasn't. Then they started calling us to board, and still no Ben...
And, literally, right after I took this picture, and right before they called family boarding, he comes walking down the hallway!!! We were so excited, although I was a little bitter that I had already done so much work on my own that he could have helped me with!!! :) The kids obviously immediately got to work on their new little trinkets that I had gotten them for the airplane ride...
Jackson was so excited to be on the plane...

Our layover was in Chicago, and we had to stop and get some Chicago dogs. Ben was also showing off one of the many many loom bracelets he made on the plane ride.
This little dude was having a ball with his new found crawling skills...
I love me a good plane sunset! I've seen many in my day. Unfortunately, the camera on my phone sucks!!!
I wish the flight to Atlanta wasn't QUITE so long...but I guess it's a small price to pay...

No comments: