Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chewacla...

After we got into Atlanta and decided to just head to Montgomery the next day, Ben took the older boys in his car with his mom, and Lynlee and I took the babies in her car home. Funny side story, Lynlee and I took the little kids (whom were screaming the whole drive), of course. While we were driving south on the freeway, there was a car accident or something, we didn't know at the time what it was. So, we decided to hop the median to head back up north to the last exit we had just passed. We got off on the exit and headed west for a bit, we were going to find some back roads to get us past the accident and then hop back on the freeway. So, we headed west for a bit, then went south for a bit, and went back east to the freeway to see if we had passed the accident yet, and lo and behold, we were at the EXACT spot that we hopped the median at! We were dying. So, we waited and waited in traffic with a screaming Jackson all the while Ben sends me this picture:
They had stopped at a park and found this awesome waterfall to play in and lake to swim in! They had somehow bypassed the whole accident and weren't even affected! But...after receiving this picture text, I knew that we had to go back!
So, after Ben left to go home, and when we had time, we packed up the kids and went back for the day to find this magical place! It's called Chewacla state park, and it is beautiful! I can't believe I didn't even knew it existed, I don't know why we haven't taken the kids there before. My mother in law obviously knew it existed, I just don't think she knew what was all here at the park.
We parked and had to hike down a little to the water fall. Taylor in her hiking mode:
Some of the kids; Noah, Tucker, Elijah, Everett, Taylor & Jonah:
Finally we made it down:
It is gorgeous!
We spent a wonderful afternoon just playing in the sun!
Love my Jacksy's little face in this pic:
Trying to catch something, of course:
Alabama is so gorgeous in the summertime...




THEN...Tucker told me to come up to the top of the waterfall where the lake is dammed off, and there is a like 5 ft. tall wall where you can jump into the little man made lake on the other side. He said that his dad had taken him to the wall and they had jumped off it. I thought pshhh...I can do that, it's easy peasy! I've jumped off a LOT higher than 5 feet in my day. Tucker jumped and I froze! I can't believe how much of a wuss I am now. Finally, after a lot of coaxing from Tucker, I jumped, and we had such a good time together. :)
Here's the quaint little southern chewacla lake:
Had a little picnic there:
And finally got to do some real swimming...
The water was a little brown. But it was oh so warm, and nice...

Tucker jumped off the 12 foot diving board, and I was so proud of him. I definitely couldn't have done that, since I could barely do the 5 foot wall. All the little boys did it, and both of my sister in laws. It's kind of embarrassing!
Terra and Angelynna:
Jackson and grandma Glo:

Me and ma babes:
We had a great afternoon swimming, and were just about to head home when we realized that between Terra and I both driving her van, somehow we had locked her keys in her car!! We started out by asking near by people if they had anything in their cars that we could use. We got a hangar in their a few times, but could never quite get the lock opened.
Then the manager of the park came out and helped us for a reaaaaaaaly long time. No luck with him.

A few more neighbors try and help...
The boys played and played for awhile, but we were there so long, that eventually they ended up in Lynlee's car watching a movie. I'm not sure why we didn't think of it before, but we finally called AAA, and before we knew it, we were rescued, the van was opened, keys were retrieved, and two hours later, we were on our way home! yipeeee!!! It's always an adventure with this group!!!

No comments: