Monday, September 15, 2014

At home at Grandma & Grandpa's house...

If anyone ever wonders where Ben gets his diet soda addiction, it definitely comes from his family and the way he was raised. He grew up on this stuff. Here is the house exactly as it was when we showed up:
A bench on the front entry porch:
The floor in the pantry:
And in the fridge:
And this definitely was one of the main reason's I also became an addict!!!  I can't help it, sweet sweet nectar! We start 'em young in the Pyper family:
The view from hanging out on the porch. I love my Alabama home!
Our little corner of home for the next few weeks. I love my in-laws house, and the love and comfort we feel there.
Some fun things that happened while we were at Grandma's house this summer:
I accidentally washed something red with my whites, and turned all of my whites pink. After many failed experiments, I finally found one that got my whites back white. I can't even remember what ended up working, my brain doesn't work sometimes, I swear, but anyway. The point is, is that SOMETHING finally worked, and I got my whites back! woo-hoo!
I love that my kids feel at home at their grandparents, even though we don't see them much. We spend enough time there during the summer and during the holiday's that they love their grandparents. We have fun just hanging out at home, which we do a lot because of the heat, or just because the amount of people that are all together, sometimes it's difficult to plan outings. And we just keep on growing and growing in number.
The play dough table:
The best thing for me about the south is the delicious BBQ. There are thousands of sauces, and thousands of different BBQ places to eat. Luckily for me, my father in law is somewhat of a connoisseur of the sauce, and knows the best kinds. His fridge is also stocked of a variety of flavors. And we always eat plenty of it when we're down there.
One of our favorite brands, the Nick Saban sauce. But shhh....don't tell my Auburn loving husband! :) My father in law said he saw this at a gas station in Tuscaloosa and had to try it. (He's a HUGE Bama fan AND Nick Saban fan) Brought it home and we all loved it. And then we couldn't find it anywhere! No grocery stores had it, he even went back to the gas station and they didn't have any more. So, he had to order it, but then found out that he could only order it at a grocery store. Had to go to Kroger and have the manager there order it for him, and so he ordered a whole case of it. We came home with about 7-8 bottles of it! :) ha ha. There was plenty for all of us! :) AND...all the benefits go to his charity, which I think is pretty cool!
We have another animal lover in the house. All of my kids are in love. The inevitable is going to have to happen one of these days. Don't be surprised when we finally get a dog!!
My nephew threw my other nephew's little hex bug nano into grandma's piano. If you know what those are you know that they run and run and run everywhere, and don't stop. And so it was in my mother in law's piano, we could hear it going all over the place and we'd try to catch it, but it wasn't easy because the space it was in was so small. We got out her marshmallow roaster sticks and put tape at the end, we tried to just jab it to kill it, but we could never get it, and sometimes we would and it would just end up on it's back and still wiggle around everywhere on its side or back. We spent like a good three hours trying to get this thing out. Finally it died and we couldn't see it anymore, so I guess it will be lost there forever! We were very determined though, as you can tell from the look on my sis in law's face! We had to be quick, we had to have light and we had to have the right equipment! :)
Reading in their bed's before bedtime. Using grandma's little hanging flashlights. These were a huge hit this summer, I need to invest in some more for when we go back.
Taylor cooling herself off during a park trip. It was miserably hot this summer, and the park trips weren't even fun!
Cozy in her bed at Grandma's:
The man of the hour this summer! Everyone loved him because he's still the baby. We'll see how long that lasts! :)
Taylor practicing some of her gymnastics moves on grandma's sink:
And Jackson playing with grandpa:

And playing with grandma:
So, one of the nights Ben was here with us (He only stayed for like 3 nights!!!) We all stayed up late to watch a movie (like we do most nights there) and grandma fell asleep. Ben thought it would be funny to paint a mustache on her, so he grabbed some make up. I can't tell you how hard we were laughing at this all night!!! Poor poor grandma!!! :)
Naked Jackson playing on Aunt Lynlee's I pad:
And giving grandma a foot massage:
This little mini rocking chair was one that my mother in law had when she was a baby, then Ben and all of his siblings had it when they were little, and now all the grandkids get to enjoy it. It is a perfect size for Jackson right now...
Piggy back rides from grandpa are the best!!!
My boys...
Playing outside at grandma's house is the best:

One evening the sunset was so beautiful, it made the entire sky a bright pink. I've never seen anything like it!

We love grandma and grandpa's house, and if you think that my recap for our summer trip is done, you're crazy! I've got lots more from where this came from! :) Enjoy!

No comments: