Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Garden Update...

So I planted a garden last month... And it has been the funnest thing ever. I didn't think I would like it so much. I mean, I wanted to, but I was afraid that nothing would grow and that I wouldn't be able to produce anything, and then a few weeks ago I looked out the window and it was like instantly I had a beautiful garden! The tomato plant was almost a gonner right off the bat, but I was lucky enough to revive it, and I think that she'll be just fine. And for some reason my carrots just aren't coming in. You can see on the end there, there are only like 5 little carrot sprouts. But other than that , the onions, the cilantro, the sweet peas and beans have all come in and up beautifully! Even my corn has come in and I am so excited. I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't know how long to wait to pick and eat, but I'm just so happy that we've made it this far! :) The only things that didn't fare too well were my cute little labels. Look at them, most of them are either broken and missing somehow, or like a big mush of color running together. Better luck next year with those, I guess. :)
The Green Beans, and Sweet Peas:(pure beauty)
The Cilantro, and Onions, and Tomato plant:
(don't mind the weeds on the outside of the garden box)
And the Corn:

YEAH! :)
I don't know how long it will take, but I'm so excited for my very first garden to be so fruitful! :)

14 comments:

Sharlene Enloe said...

I love your garden. I'm so impressed. By the way, I haven't read your blog for like a week and had no idea about Nathan and Angie. Yeah!!!!! You need to keep me up on those things. I didn't even know they had gotten serious. I'm so happy!

Madsen Family said...

Taraka, Very impressive garden duds you got there. I am sorry to say that you will probably have to wait a while for your spoils: most likely August-September! But then you'll have some great salsa. I'm excited for Angie and Nathan...you'll have to let me know how things proceed! I'm loving all the posts--perhaps I'll update my blog someday...

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Look at you Mrs. Greenthumb. Very impressive.

April said...

Oh Taraka I am so with you- this too was my first year planting a garden- I am doing square foot gardening- kind of like you- my garden is in boxes in my back yard - I seriously have no clue what I am doing- you would think I would growing up with one my whole life- so I just keep watering it and looking at it everyday- and things are starting to grow!- it so weird-

um if I make my way up to Spokane this summer I am coming over for some salsa-

Rosie Moncrief said...

Your garden is beautiful!! Go you! Your blogs crack me up, you are so funny! It is so fun to see what everyone is up to. I know making maps is weird but I can go to work whenever I want as long as I get in 40 hours a week they don't care! You can't beat that! I should take a road trip to Spokane with Cookie. I want to ride the carousel and feed the goat at River Front Part!

Rosie Moncrief said...

I mean Park!! ha ha, I have issues

Stacey said...

I am so jealous! Mine didn't come to pass this year so I will live vicariously through you!!
Hey - you know you could paint Ben green and give him a leaf and possibly get some endorsements ;0)

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Oh Taraka my love, I have an unopened jar just waiting for you to come see me. We live in Cedar Hills. Its right at themouth of American Fork canyon above Highland and Alpine.

Kiley said...

Love it! Nice work Taraka!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Wow Taraka! I didn't know you had it in you. I am totally impressed. The only way we will ever have a garden is if Jeff steps up to the plate. I don't know if you ever saw the Mitchell's garden but it's huge. I just always hope they share their wealth with us!

MilaBonita said...

you're awesome! I love those things things in life where youre like, I did it!!!....Now what.
like getting married, or having a kid! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your looks better than mine. The tomatoes in our are thriving quite well, but the carrots are too close to each other, so we have to thin them down.
Anyways, I had a great time hanging with you and Tucker at Meg's. Let's get together again soon!!

JAMIE said...

My inlaws keep a garden and half of our food comes from it. I love it. Can I be like you? You are so good...teach me to be like you

Amber said...

taraka i love your blog...and way to go on your garden. what a green thumb! we really need to get together and have a playdate with Drew and Tucker...they would have so much fun. Tucker is such a cute boy! really neat about angie and your bro...that is a hilarious story!