Monday, April 27, 2009

Reasons #451-455 for going to Utah...

Many of you know of my fondness of a good meal. There is nothing better in my book! One of the many reasons I was so excited to go to Utah was for the plethora of Brazilian chohasquerrias. Spokane doesn't even have one. Salt Lake City alone boasts 3, I believe! Anyway, it wouldn't be a Utah trip without a visit to one. This one was especially fun because Ben surprised us there! He had called me a few days before and told me he didn't think he could make it to Utah. That he had already called Southwest to see if he could transfer the ticket to credit blah blah blah. I was bummed. I was looking forward to a few days with Ben and especially a driving partner for the ride home! :) While we were at the children's museum my dad had told us he was going to take a look at a trailer he had found on craigslist. Which wasn't totally out there, because he had been looking for trailers for his Harley's, and it is just a my dad type of thing to do. We were to meet up with him at Tucanos at Gateway at around 5 ish. We walk in and my sister asks me to go to the bathroom with her, and who do I bump into on my way back there, but my sneaky handsome husband! :) Tucker and I were both excited to see him! :)

Tucker eating some sushi!

A few other reasons that we were SO looking forward to this trip was to see President & Sister Norton. Our mission president and his wife. You know, he had a HUGE hand in bringing Ben and I together and we both love them both very much! Our mission reunion was Friday night, and despite getting lost on the way there and missing most of the actual reunion, it was SO great to see these two!!! It was fun for them to meet Tucker for the first time. (they, of course, loved him!) :) I only wish that we would have had more time to catch up! These two are awesome!


Probert & Rassmussen were there, too. It was just like the old days in Chicago! :) (with a few extra chitlin's) Probert hasn't changed a lick, so it was fun picking up just where we left off in Chicago--giving her a hard time! :) Love ya Probert! :)


I was shocked that there weren't more people there. There were more English elders whom I didn't know, but the Spanish missionaries really disappointed! :) We were glad to see the ones we did though! And just seeing Pres & Sister Norton was well worth the drive up to Centerville. (wherever that is!) :)

1 comment:

JAMIE said...

they don't have tucanos in washington? Sad, I love that place. That picture still makes me laugh--too funny that ras spouse and mine wwere both gone...

So glad to see you. You guys really are the best. I hope it isn't another 3 years before I see you!! Keep me updated ok