Friday, April 24, 2009

Utah for springbreak part I

I know, I know, its been almost a month now that I went to Utah for spring break and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it...I've been a slacker these days and I have no real reason. Just because.
So... I decided to turn around the very next day after we got home from our trip to Seattle and drive to Utah. By myself. With a toddler. Crazy? Yes. We had a great time though. :) Tucker was a dream on the way down. It's a 12 hour drive from Spokane. I knew it wouldn't be the easiest driving with a toddler, so I allowed myself some time to just enjoy the trip and stop when we needed to stop. He slept the majority of the time on the way down. I couldn't have asked for a better travelling partner, that Tucker! :)
I really wanted to go to Utah for a few different reasons. Kayla and Jason are moving to Wisconsin this summer for Medical School after Jason graduates from BYU. And after they leave, I will have no real 'reason' to visit Utah anymore. I love Utah, I have a lot of great memories there and a lot of great friends there. I thought I should probably take advantage of that while I can. Conference was another reason. Ben and I had a mission reunion we could go to. We hadn't seen our mission president or his wife in a while. We really wanted to see them. So I thought it might be one nice last hurrah to Utah for a while. I am so glad we went. The first few nights we stayed with Cookie and Rosie and Toni! Great friends from WAY back in the day. (Jr. High) We had a blast with them. Cookie has a little girl close to Tuckers age. They had a blast playing. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves as to what we did. We did a lot! And ate a lot! And stayed up way to late a lot! :) And looked at a whole lot of awful pictures from Jr. High! :)
Beautiful Olivia
Don't let the face fool ya, he was in love...
If you don't believe me, just watch this little clip, so cute...

Tucker doing his best Rocky Balboa impression...

My beautiful friends...
We also got to meet up with an old roommate of mine, Anjerie and her two adorable little girls. It was SO good to see her.

The gorgeous Coox & Olivia :)

We were at a place full of trampolines and big jumpy castles. Tucker was in heaven.
OK, we were all in heaven... :)
Aunt Kayla got to hang out with us on this day, too. Tucker was very happy about that! :)
Tucker and his new friend, Avery. (Anjeries daughter) They were jumping together the whole time!
Auntie Kayla was a big hit with these two.
Luckily for Tucker, Cookies husband, Jason was there too. So he wasn't surrounded by too many women all the time. :)
Early morning for a Nordstrom Rack opening...we were so there. Too bad it was too dang crowded to want to buy anything!
Top Models in Action...
Rosie is my ANTM friend. (I think that she may be the ONLY one!):)
Carousel ride...for some reason Tucker wanted to sit on the bench and not on a horse.

Rosie with her wild horse...

Cookie & Olivia...
This is how we felt by the end of our Stay with Jason, Cookie, Olivia & Rosie:
All Tuckered out!
Thanks guys for letting us crash with you for a few days! We had a great time. Lets do it again, soon! And next time, we'll perfect our April Fools joke and get Jason for sure! :)

5 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

That jumping place looks awesome. My kids would love that. I'm glad you got to see everyone. That stinks your sister is moving so far away. I hope they make it back towards this way some day.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

We had so much fun with you guys!!! When are you coming back?! Someday I'll get my pix up too.

Madsen Family said...

looks like fun was had by all. i'm jealous. i guess next time i go to utah i'll have to visit coox for real, no? love all the fotos of cute tucker and cute olivia. glad you had a good time!

Philip and Melissa said...

Next time you're in utah, let me know! i would LOVE to see you!

Rosie Moncrief said...

It was so much fun with you here!! I'm stealing some of those pictures btw!